Private Prinny

[SRPG][Kickstarter] Arcadian Atlas - Tactical RPG Inspired by Classics

Fri May 06, 2016 2:44 pm

Hi,

I found this on Kickstarter recently and thought about sharing...

Arcadian Atlas

Now before you take out your pitchforks and torches I want to add the fact that I tried PMing Neumannium first about this if this may be worthy of a Blurp on the Mainpage or not several days or so. But as it seems the Forum has problems with PMs as it seems...

It is a Steam SRPG/TRPG so technically nothing for Pocket Tactics, also it is no Wargame per se...so maybe nothing for Wargamer either.
Also it is on KS which is usually something which the great majority hates because the KS pendulum swung from "Stuff dreams are made of" to "bloated with failed promises and incredible overhyped expectations"

But on the old days on PT 2.0 there was a following on console SRPGs and other japanese hardcore strategy rpgs et al so I thought about sharing....it definetly has a Final fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre vibe going...and I am SO a sucker regarding SRPGs, so...maybe this post helps to spark some interest *cough* and help the game over its threshold +cough*

biffpow

Re: [SRPG][Kickstarter] Arcadian Atlas - Tactical RPG Inspired by Classics

Fri May 06, 2016 6:12 pm

Glad you shared this! I didn't know about it at all, and Final fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre are two of my all-time favorites.

Baelnor

Fri May 06, 2016 8:45 pm

The similarity to FFT is quite strong.

I chuckled at the "I have unlocked my upper job class tier"...

biffpow

Sun May 08, 2016 10:45 pm

6 hours left on this as I write this, and they're very close to being funded. I was on the fence abut it but decided to go for it. Not a lot of games like this coming out these days, so I thought I should encourage it.

Private Prinny

Mon May 09, 2016 6:43 pm

Argh they really got funded it in the final stretch and released the stretchgoals....
Too bad the iOS Stretchgoal was missed.....well better something than nothing at all. I am excited for that release.

biffpow

Mon May 09, 2016 11:10 pm

Too bad the iOS Stretchgoal was missed.....well better something than nothing at all. I am excited for that release.
Yes--agreed. I was hoping they might get ios, but at least they got funded. Will be fun to play an all new game like the tactics classics. Thanks again for the tip : )

Return to “Computer Games”