Univac

Deus Ex Go

Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:43 pm

Anyone play this game? I liked Hitman Go. The later puzzles were a decent challenge. I didn't like Lara Go as much because the puzzles didn't seem as challenging to me; though I'm not sure if that's because I was more familiar with the general mechanics of the Go series or that the puzzles were generally weaker.

EICJoe

Re: Deus Ex Go

Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:55 pm

Just gave Sean a review code today, so we'll have our review soon hope hopefully by the end of the month.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

biffpow

Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:14 am

I picked it up last night and have been playing here and there since then. I would agree with Univac that LC Go was not quite as satisfying as HM Go, and I find that DE Go is closer to HM. The puzzles are definitely challenging almost from the beginning, and the "feel" of the game is more like HM to me. The violence is very intense, though not bloody. There's also a pretty solid plot to move you along through the story mode--reminds me a little more of Metal Gear Solid or Shadowrun than Deus Ex, honestly. But that's not a bad thing. So far, I'm very glad I made the purchase, though I don't know how long the story is. It feels like I still have a good amount to go, but it's hard to tell.

rinelk

Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:51 am

It's my favorite so far, gameplay-wise. I still adore the aesthetics of HM GO, but LC GO dramatically improved on the control scheme. DE GO carries that forward, and seems to be introducing a lot of new gameplay elements which produce very cool puzzles. That said, they don't even attempt to explain these new mechanics, which is a bit puzzling. When I first encountered a yellow hacking terminal, I was tapping and swiping all over the place and couldn't figure out what it wanted me to do for over a minute (drag from the terminal to the destination of the hack). Similarly, when I first encountered a puzzle I couldn't solve without shooting somebody, I saw no indication that such distance attacks were now possible.

I admit, I had hopes that this would introduce a much more open style of puzzle, in which you could use abilities to sneak by without having to kill anyone. But I give them credit for doing away with that hope literally in the first second of the opening cinematic.

The daily puzzle plan sounds awesome, but I'm somewhere in the 50s of the story mode, so I haven't tried them yet.

EDIT: Apparently, it was the early 50s; story mode is 54 levels long.

robthomasson

Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:05 pm

Basically I agree with all the above - I am enjoying it so far. Being able to tap on the desired destination is so much nicer than swiping for me and the lack of mechanic explanation was a tad annoying (but I got over it)

I have just masterminded my way to level 32 - so I am not sure what lies behind the globe icon as I took heed of their warning to finish the story first. I guess it's the daily & weekly challenges, but whatever it is will determine the longevity of the game. I am devouring it too quickly right now..

Return to “Mobile Games”