whovian223

Did iOS10 break Penny Arcade: the Card Game?

Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:54 pm

I've been playing Penny Arcade for years with a couple of buddies.

With the release of iOS10, and the removal of Gamecenter, I was surprised to still see the "You have logged into Gamecenter" when I open many of my games, including Penny Arcade.

However, last night, when I hit online play, it said I needed to be logged into GC to play online, even though I already received that message.

Still same problem this morning.

Is it broken now?

robthomasson

Re: Did iOS10 break Penny Arcade: the Card Game?

Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:38 pm

Penny Arcade still works for me - inasmuch as I could view online games and my firiends list. I am not playing any games so could not check that specific thing.

Game Center still exists "under the hood" of iOS 10. There is still a Game Center option under Settings - which can be used to login to Game Center. If Settings > Game Center claims you are logged in (shows your Apple ID at the top) then maybe try logging out and in again?

It seems that Apple did not fix or replace Game Center with iOS 10 - it was just suppressed.

whovian223

Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:16 am

It still works on my phone, which is really weird.

I will try what you suggest.

Thanks!

Edit: Nope, didn't work.

JammaTal

Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:18 am

It seems that Apple did not fix or replace Game Center with iOS 10 - it was just suppressed.
yes, suppressed.
AND crippled. how to make new GC friends now? how can we see what friends are playing? where have all the avatars gone?
no GC friendslist coming up in some games. no more achievements to share with friends any longer.

and for what?? any new features as replacement?
still wrong badges, failing notifications, false notifications.

the whole thing reminds me on desperately trying to simply hide an unwanted and unruly child.
i had some expectations and hopes for a "new and better" GC. for a fresh relaunch.

but what we have seen so far is nothing but a BIG disappointment...again.
is apple, the self declared top notch high tech company, just not capable of installing a 100% functioning and amazing GC service?
any announcements by apple?

john_l

Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:27 pm

Thanks!

I have the same problem, some games don't work anymore with gamecenter on my phone but work on my ipad. My ipad still works fine but the phone, even for games that still work, is often slow to log into gamecenter, show my list of running games, load a game in progress and submit turns. Very frustrating.

whovian223

Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:20 am

Thanks!

I have the same problem, some games don't work anymore with gamecenter on my phone but work on my ipad. My ipad still works fine but the phone, even for games that still work, is often slow to log into gamecenter, show my list of running games, load a game in progress and submit turns. Very frustrating.
Actually, mine started working again, for no apparent reason.

Except that, randomly, it does the same thing. And then I just put it down and try again next time I do my turns. And then it works.

:roll:

Return to “Mobile Games”