Nerdy.Latino

mRPG Chat - Mobile Review

Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:00 pm

Are you a fan of tabletop RPG campaigns? Well I am. With the new Covid_19 restrictions around the world, more and more people are not able to leave their homes. Situations like this make you realize what actual items you have at your disposal to end boredom. I've realized over these last couple weeks that not everyone has access to Computer, let alone a gaming console, but almost everyone has a Smartphone.

Created by Adriano Cola, mRPG Chat is a text based multiplayer adventure game. I got into this since my DND sessions have been cancelled and needed to get my dice fix. When you download the app it asks you to create a username, (which is only used to find other players, or just send a text link) after which your DM needs to create a chat room. At first glance into this room, you'll notice that it looks like a standard messaging app, but it is far from it.

If you're creating a new campaign, before you start adding in your friends you want to tap on the top icon. This will give you access to the "DM Screen". From here you, the DM, must create each individual character sheet, to ease this process mRPG has a 5e template available. You can add sections or even remove sections from this sheet. Your players will have access to change values such as Level and Hit points. Now all your players can view this screen but only the DM can make changes. After every character has been added you can start inviting players.

From the main chat screen is where things really start to roll. If you tap on you user icon at the bottom, each person will have the ability to chat as themselves or as their characters. You can also create a simple one-off NPC if you don't want to create a new character sheet. This makes distinguishing comments between people a lot easier, also makes for some funny banter if a person forgets to change their avatar bubble.

Macros are the next feature about this system. To make a standard dice roll mRPG has created a beautiful dice calculator. Just tap the dice you need, how many plus and modifiers and boom- a usable value. Macros are fantastic to use because you can customize each one to every individual player. Rather than "rolling initiative", you can create a macro such as- #Rollini,and the assigned dice roll would follow that. This makes it especially easy if you have a wizard who does, 10d6 + 8 + modifier Damage.

I love this app. I can create campaigns and join others. If I can't find anyone to play with me, I can create a public campaign and let anyone hop in. It's especially favored by my friends who don't have their own computer and can't access sites like roll20. During these times it's important to keep a human connection. Starting a conversation out of the blue is hard for some but jumping into your character ready to take on a hoard of goblins with your buddies- just feels natural. Stay safe everyone, and try to have some fun.

Shasha96

Re: mRPG Chat - Mobile Review

Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:38 am

ARCHWAR : Heroes and Demons
19 OCT 2020: THE ARCHWAR : Heroes and Demons (archwar.com), is finally launched after 2 years in development, this MOBA styled game is currently offered in Early Access via Google Playstore. For those who are not familiar, MOBAs are a relatively newer gaming genre on mobile.
For those who don’t know, MOBA stands for Multiplayer Online Battle Arena. MOBA is generally invade the opposing team and winner takes all, but ARCHWAR is a new MOBA genre whereby there’s a mix of MLBB and Brawl Star’s gameplay of 3v3.

There are numerous characters to test out in the Google Play Early Access Preview; ranging from Swords wielding heroes to Mages with Magic, Mythical Creatures and Assassins. Each character has special quirks and power, and abilities.
Players can also invite friends to play in private lounges. At the time of release as tested, there are currently two game modes. The most notable mode is GEM BEHOLDER whereby a team wins if most gems are collected before cut off time.

These characters’ information can be found at www.archwar.com .
The game is expected to be released in THREE ARCS OF WAR where HEROES will be introduced first and then followed by DEMONS and finished off with FINAL ARC OF REALM WAR.

Check the game out at:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ch.Archwar

Other portals:
http://www.archwar.com

Lewise1

Re: mRPG Chat - Mobile Review

Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:34 am

ARCHWAR : Heroes and Demons
19 OCT 2020: THE ARCHWAR : Heroes and Demons (archwar.com), is finally launched after 2 years in development, this MOBA styled game is currently offered in Early Access gbwhatsapp apk via Google Playstore. For those who are not familiar, MOBAs are a relatively newer gaming genre on mobile.
For those who don’t know, MOBA stands for Multiplayer Online Battle Arena. MOBA is generally invade the opposing team and winner takes all, but ARCHWAR is a new MOBA genre whereby there’s a mix of MLBB and Brawl Star’s gameplay of 3v3.

There are numerous characters to test out in the Google Play Early Access Preview; ranging from Swords wielding heroes to Mages with Magic, Mythical Creatures and Assassins. Each character has special quirks and power, and abilities.
Players can also invite friends to play in private lounges. At the time of release as tested, there are currently two game modes. The most notable mode is GEM BEHOLDER whereby a team wins if most gems are collected before cut off time.

These characters’ information can be found at www.archwar.com .
The game is expected to be released in THREE ARCS OF WAR where HEROES will be introduced first and then followed by DEMONS and finished off with FINAL ARC OF REALM WAR.

Check the game out at:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ch.Archwar

Other portals:
http://www.archwar.com
Hi Sasha96 thanks for sharing info but which link you have shared to download the app it's doesn't work in browsers can I download this app from another valid source or can you please update it so I can download this app.

Return to “Mobile Games”