Triggercut

Core Worlds

Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:40 am

Anyone check this out yet? Look forward to reviews as most boardgame translations have been a bit dull lately:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=284905

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt ... 27240&mt=8

creedofhubris

Re: Core Worlds

Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:05 pm

Basic functions like Multiplayer and Undo are currently greyed out. The AI is quite weak. Some of the cards just don't work as far as I can tell -- they have not been properly implemented and at least one of them, Expert Trainer, causes you to lose your entire turn.

I absolutely love the board game but this is a very dubious product right now. If they manage to launch multiplayer in a competent fashion, that will forgive a multitude of sins, but I am not confident that will happen.

iBaLkiD

Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:31 pm

I hear so much good stuff about the board game. The play through videos ive watched all portray a pretty slick and fast game system.

Seems like a good game for players a tad above casual board game play. Is this a good gateway game? Lots of strategy but easy to learn rules? Would love to work this into board game night if possible! At least the poor current digital offering might convert me to make a physical purchase.

Hope they get the game sorted properly.

creedofhubris

Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:51 pm

It's more complicated than Dominion but it's not overwhelming. If they've played any other deckbuilder it's fine, otherwise it might be a little daunting.

Playing time is not particularly fast. Maybe 20 minutes per player for experienced folks, up to 30 minutes per player if using the first expansion (which adds a lot of depth).

iBaLkiD

Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:19 pm

So sounds like a 1.5 - 2 hour game for 4 players? Thats not too bad. Ill watch some more play through videos! Thanks!

Return to “Mobile Games”