Baelnor

Hearthstone Appreciation Thread

Fri May 06, 2016 9:31 pm

Hello All!

This used to be a very highly frequented thread on the old forums, so why not bring it across?

We have just seen the release of Whispers of the Old Gods which has shaken up the game quite significantly. For how long? Only time will tell.

Personally I am playing in ghetto rank (sub rank 15) for a purely casual experience. I dont have a lot of the new cards (no explorers, only 10 packs of WoG) so throwing together ghetto decks is quite fun.

It seems that with the "pre-con" decks now available, people are using them more than going to net deck. I think this is a good change as it lowers the perceived pressure/requirement to have a game and be competitive.

Sjeng

Re: Hearthstone Appreciation Thread

Sat May 07, 2016 7:47 pm

Haven't played in a while, but this huge change has triggered me to have a look at HS again.

Wondering if it is a good idea to disenchant all the cards that can only be used in the wild format, to be able to craft decent old gods cards and play some (casual) standard games now and then.

Any opinions on that idea?

Edit. If dusting my cards from naxx and GnG I will gain around 7000 dust.

biffpow

Sun May 08, 2016 10:52 pm

Hadn't played for months and months, but came back for the new expansion and like it : )

I'm also playing in the lower ranks (15 and below) but still enjoying it. Some of the old deck archetypes are still being played, but there's more variety than I remembered, and I'm enjoying trying out new things in deck designs.

As for dusting all your "wild-only" cards, I'm not sure you need to go all-in with that. As with most expansions, there are only a handful of cards that are actually seeing a lot of play right now from the Old Gods. The ubiquitous C'Thun decks already seem to be dying off thankfully, and several cards are emerging as the real winners in the expansion. Maybe look at some of the lists people have been posting on the HS sites and see if their ideas of useful cards seem appealing before you dust too many of the wild ones to get stuff you might not use.

Like you, I opened about ten or a dozen packs, and I've just been dusting to get what I decide I need rather than going for a bunch of Epics and Legendaries.

Ferret96

Tue May 10, 2016 12:39 pm

I've started playing again as well. With dusting for full price all the nerfed cards I was able to craft a couple Classic Legendary cards. Loving standard. It has refreshed the game for me, as I was sick of always seeing Dr. Boom and the other old GvG cards dominating. WotG is fun so far. Sadly, I've gotten TWO Boogeymonters so far :)

Baelnor

Wed May 11, 2016 8:42 pm

Playing in the low ranks (read 25-18) I have seen a huge number of priest decks.... Why? What is the allure of priest at the moment?

I am still running with my cobbled together lock early/late deck that seems to be competitive without being a bully. Dark Bargain is hilarious to play and almost totally unexpected at that level :)

Univac

Fri May 13, 2016 12:22 am

I've been playing this game for awhile. Opened a bunch of packs on launch. Standard format and the expansion has done a lot to freshen up the game. I usually play competitively until I get to rank 5 (the rank in which you get a golden epic card for the end of season ranked rewards). Then I just play around. I've been fooling around with midrange shaman, miracle and deathrattle rogue, beast druid, control paladin.

In regards to dusting naxx and gvg cards, it depends if you have any interest in wild and/or tavern brawls. Some tavern brawls require you to build a deck from your collection and I believe you can usually use cards from all sets. Also, I'm pretty sure you will be able to use any cards when building decks for the new adventure sets.

For me personally, I haven't touched wild since standard came out. However, I don't have a huge need for dust. I was able to craft most of what I wanted without the need to disenchant any gvg or naxx cards. So I haven't dusted any cards. However, if I were to disenchant them, I would start by getting rid of some of the weaker legendary and epic cards from those sets and see how far that got me.

Sjeng

Fri May 13, 2016 6:36 am

Thanks for the reactions all.

Return to “Mobile Games”