JammaTal

Re: XP Awarded & JammaTal's Line Up

Tue May 31, 2016 11:04 pm

Other topic - what line up are you using these days JammaTal?

usually i go for the strongest opponent (exceptions may be revenges and rival battles) and take a look at his/her team.

when i see Gorgotha with granite skin or any other strong iron skin defender (Treant, Coronet, Archon) in top slot i choose my
"heavy spell damage" team: Knight Coronet, Templar, Valkyrie, Rowanne (first 3 full traits).
Coronet is a fast loader. normal 3-match = 7 mana (+2 blue banner, +1 Valkyrie, +1 Templar) and mana surge = 10 mana. fully charged by 2 matches, overflow going to Valkyrie/Rowanne. Templar can help Coronet to survive and boosts Rowanne's area damage. Valkyrie a great blue mana generator (one ignition can charge all 3 blue creatures)
charged so fast Coronet and Rowanne can deal a substantial amount of spell damage (Coronet's magic boosted +3 by leadership and another +3 by water spirit) to first+last and all enemies.
good team synergy. can bring down any defense team, including Great Maw/Mercy, All Mythic Goblins, Rock Worms, Dragons, Gorgotha/True Damage teams (imo mythic true damage teams the most dangerous of all. eg Gorgotha, Psion, Venoxia, Crimson Bat or Gorgotha, Mist Stalker, Crimson Bat, Crescendo)
speed is the key.

vs other teams, esp spell damagers or effect creatures i like to lean on my
"heavy skull spam" team: Knight Coronet, Valkyrie, Giant Spider, Keeper of Souls.
Valkyrie charges Coronet and Spider, Spider charges KoS. KoS can spam the whole board with skulls because you have the choice (Bone Dragon can be deadly but can as well produce epic fumbles)
when Coronet goes down, an endless stream of poisoning Spider Swarms will protect the core team.
a very sturdy team which can go into endless loop mode. so better wait igniting Coronet's spell until KoS is charged.

but variety keeps the game fresh, so i like playing with my "Legendary Goblins" or the "4x Thorns Fey" (Gloom Leaf with thorns (reflect 50%), Dryad, Rowanne, Green Seer) or the Dragons or the Rock Worms too.
have only found Great Maw recently, so that team is still in the making.

JammaTal

Re: Gems of War Guild thread continued

Tue May 31, 2016 11:21 pm

GoW started as a kind of "normal" match-3, but what have we got now?
an overwhelming piece of complexity. for beginners it must be as frightening as fascinating.

what a game! amazing staying power.

"the" one big question still around: will we see real live PvP action some day?

robthomasson

JammaTal's Terrific Troops

Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:46 pm

Thanks for the details of your line-ups JammaTal. I am having some good matches with them as I learnt the best ways to use them.

KoS is much more reliable than Bone Dragon - not as deadly against opponents with good armour, but will not leave you staring at a waver of skull attacks due to an epic fumble" (great phrase).

I had full traits for at least Knight Coronet & Valkyrie and I think I had toyed with using them before but had not found combinations as good as yours. I don't have The Great Maw but I would like some as I recently came up against an effective team led by The Great Maw.

JammaTal - One more question please. Which team do you set for defense?

Edit: A win streak of 124 - astonishing!

JammaTal

Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:44 am

thanks, Rob! my pleasure if you like to play around with those teams.

i have experimented with lots of very different defense teams but had the best results so far with the "4x Thorns Fey" line-up:
(installed it 2 days ago, and have not lost a single defense since then. really? no attacks coming in any more?
but about 12 defense wins in 2 days) 8-)

Gloom Leaf (full traits are very important because of 50% damage reflection)
Dryad
Rowanne
Green Seer

only 6882 Might for the team, but i guess it's more important to have a team which can be nicely handled
by the AI. many great offense teams are obviously not so easy to handle for the AI.

that winning streak is a thing of the past. i'm at 74% win rate just now in the actual season (53-3 offense and 18-22 defense) and i think that's ok because i keep fighting vs the strongest teams, but every now and then a loss can't be avoided.
i think the program did simply fail at registering the losses into that special winning streak statistic in former times.
but now it's functioning! "currently undefeated in 10 battles" sounds ok.
i had a good laugh when looking at leaderboard #3 Koolbiird's stats: longest win streak 3709! really?
and #1 dhjl owns 48 342 total troops. ooookay. that's what i'd call dedication.

Snotty128

Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:34 am

I log in after quite a break to find I am 'Snotty, level 42, no class'. I dont know who they think they are to label me as having no class.

JammaTal

Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:57 pm

I log in after quite a break to find I am 'Snotty, level 42, no class'. I dont know who they think they are to label me as having no class.
:lol:

Snotty128

Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:16 pm

Is there still an active guild? I would love to have an invite please. Im just 'Snotty' there.

Im honestly stunned at how much more they have done with the game since release.

JammaTal

Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:39 pm

Guild is alive and kickin'.
very active.
i think kennfusion will notice that you want to join (again?)
but i will as well drop a note in guild chat.

Sjeng

Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:39 pm

Kennfusion set the guild to "invite only" for you. As soon as there is a place you get an invite, according to him.

Snotty128

Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:53 pm

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Its going to take me a few days to get up and running, and to get my daily gold bonus up anyway. I left myself enough gold to unlock the new areas, but its not cheap. I think there are 7 new areas waiting for me. My next job is to work out what class best fits my party so I can work on gaining the class and leveling it up.

Return to “Mobile Games”