Re: Gems of War Guild thread continued

Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:50 pm

A code courtesy of tacet of terrors latest youtube video

Nmmahwu3oc

https://youtu.be/kJCovnMSOdc

geigerm

Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:31 pm

Just saw a really simple but very effective team: 4 fully traited Scale Guards that had ascended to Legendary. They all start with full mana (thanks to the Empowered trait), and their spell (which only takes 8 red mana) deals 16 damage and poisons an enemy, or deals 32 damage to an already poisoned enemy, so they wiped out my first two troops in just four rounds.

I did eke out a win, but it was a lot harder than I would have expected, and I imagine that team makes for some very quick matches when it's controlled by an actual person, not a dumb AI.

Sjeng

Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:00 am

It is quite a fast team. Thanks for the suggestion. My scale guard still needs some souls and I replaced the first scale guard with a fully traited serpent to poison the first tworld troops after I cast one or two scale guards on troop 3 or 4. It gives a bit more options when the board is lacking red gems.

Sjeng

Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:42 pm

Snotty, Kennfusion has a spot available for you in the "pt-guild" called Trill Kill Kurt but he can't invite you as long as you are in another guild.

Snotty128

Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:15 pm

Awesome! Ive left my guild now

Falkenstein

Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:25 am

Most soul-gathering teams are build around one card "valkyrie"

Check here for some teams:
http://community.gemsofwar.com/t/wonder ... kyrie/6287

My main attack team in pvp is
Knight Coronet***
Valkyrie***
Green slime***
Keeper of souls**

I know some pt-ers switch green slime for giant spider (or Knight Coronet for arborath)
Thank you for the link, that is a good thread. :)

For me, I'm kind of hooked on Crimson Bat, and feel the absence of Keeper of Souls when I just run Valkyrie without Keeper of Souls also on the team. I've not done a lot of PvP soul farming, but my PvE soul farm team is currently Crimson Bat*, Valkyrie***, Giant Spider**, Keeper of Souls*.

I'll look into Knight Coronet and Arborath, tinker a bit with them, too, and see if I can enjoy a break from Crimson Bat. :D

I do have a Green Slime, but I don't get the same vibe from it as I do from the Giant Spider, I think it was because with the Giant Spider I can target the specific gems to tranform to Purple and control the matching ... or maybe it's because my Giant Spider is that beautiful Legendary orange, and my Green Slime is Epic purple? :)

Falkenstein

Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:55 am

Okay, I've enjoyed trying out Abhorath and Knight Coronet* in soul farm team runs, mainly in PvE on "Hard" difficulty. :)

I do really enjoy that Abhorath does not compete with Valkyrie*** for gems! However, often the opponent will get to enjoy the fresh board after "Devour the World", it's not nearly as enjoyable as the War Sphinx's "The Riddle" where you also gain an extra turn to take advantage of the fresh board layout. If I had the second trait, "Huge", to add to Abhorath's life total that would also increase my enjoyment (my Giant Spider** does have "Big" unlocked, it is cool and so can appreciate the attraction of having the better "Huge" on Abhorath), the current health pool of 26 for my Abhorath does not feel as secure as Crimson Bat's increasing life. While my current preference is for my Crimson Bat*, I plan to continue to develop Abhorath, I do want to have a Daemon team for fun. 8-)

I enjoy that Knight Coronet* has the ability to deal damage outside of skulls, like my Crimson Bat* also can. Like Crimson Bat*, KC* competes with Valkyrie*** for gems, but unlike Crimson Bat* and Abhorath the KC* does not have the ability to heal. If I had the third trait, "Stoneskin", unlocked then I could see how a KC*** would be very tanky against skull damage.

I've enjoyed setting up some alternate farm teams, but right now I still have a preference for Crimson Bat*, Valkyrie***, Giant Spider**, Keeper of Souls* for my soul farm team. 8-)

Others who punch higher than I in PvP, or on higher PvE difficulty levels may have a different preference. :)

Falkenstein

Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:22 pm

important note

i just noticed that Defense Defeats bring down the PvP score now.

we can even lose a PvP rank by Defense Defeats.

this is serious.
Holsten Knight told me he was pushed back to PvP rank 2 after he had reached rank 1 some time before.
This is unfortunate, and I'm uncertain what to do in response.

In the past I've never worried too much about my "Defense" team, just didn't want to negatively impact other people's enjoyment with a team of all goblins or rock worms or some such. Now I'm thinking, since the devs have raised the stakes by rewarding Defense wins with points and penalizing Defense losses by taking away points, that I should come up with a more effective Defense team that the AI can effectively utilize.

However, I also recognize that the matchmaking system that provides three opponent options to choose from in PvP means that my team will often be provided as an easy option for a stronger opponent, no matter what I do. :|

I see what JammaTal was using earlier for Defense, what are other folks using for Defense teams? One that the AI can hopefully effectively manage.
thanks, Rob! my pleasure if you like to play around with those teams.

i have experimented with lots of very different defense teams but had the best results so far with the "4x Thorns Fey" line-up:
(installed it 2 days ago, and have not lost a single defense since then. really? no attacks coming in any more?
but about 12 defense wins in 2 days) 8-)

Gloom Leaf (full traits are very important because of 50% damage reflection)
Dryad
Rowanne
Green Seer

only 6882 Might for the team, but i guess it's more important to have a team which can be nicely handled
by the AI. many great offense teams are obviously not so easy to handle for the AI.

<snip>

robthomasson

JammaTal Achieves Level 500 !!

Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:17 pm

That is quite the achievement.

Thing is - I strongly suspect that JammaTal has a life - and has still managed to gem his way to level 500 with aplomb.

Congratulations!

Falkenstein

Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:30 pm

JammaTal getting rank 500, and 500 days in the guild, are quite the achievements! 8-)

As far as PvP Defense goes, I don't yet have Gloom Leaf, much less a fully traited Gloom Leaf, heh. Trying to make it easy on the AI with something not tricky to effectively utilize, I've been waffling between Crimson Bat*, Goblin Shaman**, Goblin***, with either Orion* or Marsh Raptor* in the final position.

I like covering all the gem colors so the AI can take advantage of any unintended cascades, and I like giving the AI the next turn after a Goblin Shaman green gem transformation so the AI is not just feeding the human opponent with transformed gems. I like Orion or Marsh Raptor for taking advantage of the excess green gem matches that spill over from the Goblin, I like the Goblin for the quick & easy hits, along with the extra turn so hopefully even the AI is smart enough to Goblin Shaman, match green gems, fire off the Goblin, match more greens.

I wish there was a replay feature so I could view the performance of the AI with different teams and further tune my troop selection. I don't know how the AI uses Orion, perhaps I need to play more matches against Orion teams to further evaluate how the AI uses him, right now my inclination is that a Marsh Raptor may be more consistent for use by the AI since the target choice is not in the hands of the AI. The only targeting decision the AI makes is with the Goblin. If I had that second trait for Water Link on the Marsh Raptor, that would further increase my preference for Marsh Raptor due to the assist in filling Crimson Bat with blue gem matches.

Return to “Mobile Games”