JammaTal

Re: Gems of War Guild thread continued

Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:00 am

i have played GoW since the very first day of its release.
and i kept playing nearly every day, but never for excessive overlong sessions.
no extra Exp except by normal armor. i'm VIP 2, so no bonus VIP Exp.
so reaching rank 500 was just a matter of many many little but consistent drops dripping down for a very long time.

you can see that Richard Parker (VIP 9 confirmed, maybe 10 by now) will soon overtake me to rocket away towards rank 1000.
access to VIP chests, VIP boni for souls, gold and Exp and the +100 special armor add up for some excellent boost effects.
no problem. each to his liking. but i will keep playing at a moderate pace.

JammaTal

Defence Team

Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:46 am

i must say that my "4x Thorns Fey" team could not keep up a decent defense.

i have skipped it and since then keep trying to find a good team.
"All Mythics Goblins" team is ok.
True Damage teams seem to be effective (granite skin Gorgotha, Crimson Bat, Crescendo)
Scale Guards teams an interesting approach.

but for me as attacker by far the greatest threat and biggest inconvenience are "2x Queen Mab" teams with complete traits:
my whole team in deep freeze for all the time, hit by massive Mab Mana Burn volleys.

perfect fit that i just found one of those queenies in guild glory chests :P

i think a 1:1 ratio would be excellent. i would be content with 1:2.
which of your teams could achieve what win/lose ratio?

Snotty128

Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:27 am

Congrats Jammatal! Thats quite the achievement.

Considering that you get +1 mastery at every level, what kind of mana surge percentage are you getting now?

robthomasson

Re: Defence Team

Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:37 am

but for me as attacker by far the greatest threat and biggest inconvenience are "2x Queen Mab" teams with complete traits:
my whole team in deep freeze for all the time, hit by massive Mab Mana Burn volleys.

perfect fit that i just found one of those queenies in guild glory chests :P
Yes ... Queen Mab has been the biggest problem against me as well. Unfortunately I have not found one yet.

I am VIP 2 as well ... spent some money at some point to contribute to the developers. But getting to VIP 9 or 10 (as per Richard Parker) would be way beyond the call of duty ...

Falkenstein

Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:35 pm

I don't yet have Queen Mab, either, looks powerful! I wonder if a nerf is indeed in the cards? http://community.gemsofwar.com/t/queen- ... ess/8282/1
<snip>

i think a 1:1 ratio would be excellent. i would be content with 1:2.
which of your teams could achieve what win/lose ratio?
I did get the second Marsh Raptor trait, Water Link, yesterday evening and overnight my Crimson Bat*, Goblin Shaman**, Goblin***, Marsh Raptor** defense team did go 1:2, two wins & 4 losses. I did drop to a lower PvP Tier, too, so that is still a thing. (I intentionally logged off on the edge of a PvP Tier just to check it again.)

I would hope that you don't lose PvP points when the matchmaker offers you as the lower fodder choice for an opponent, but as far as I know the devs don't give you a free pass since I've seen my defeats result in -2, -4, & -5 points. My hazy thinking is that perhaps the -2 is when I'm outmatched, -4 when I'm the middle more even choice, and -5 when I should be the toughest opponent choice.

What are other folks in the higher PvP tiers seeing as the point losses in their Battle Log?

JammaTal, for your ' "All Mythics Goblins" team is ok.', which composition are you using for them? I have no Mythic goblins but I'm thinking of trying to put a full team together for defense, at my level not having Mythics is likely not an issue, heh. 8-)

Sjeng

Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:34 pm

I am also wondering about the rankings. I play quite some matches each day, but still are around rank 19000.
107 wins vs 7 losses with pvp attack this week so far. But 42 defence victories against 95 losses. I am wondering if those defense losses affect my rank. I think it does. So instead of giving my attack teams some attention, I need to focus more on my deface team.

Giving the bat, goblins, Marsh raptor a try from now on.

And congrats on 500 in 500 days, Jammatal! More so because you achieved it with a VIP level of 2!

JammaTal

Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:48 pm

JammaTal, for your ' "All Mythics Goblins" team is ok.', which composition are you using for them? I have no Mythic goblins but I'm thinking of trying to put a full team together for defense, at my level not having Mythics is likely not an issue, heh. 8-)
my own Goblins are well on the way to Mythic status, but not ready yet.

but from attacking Goblin defenders i can tell about the huge difference if Mythics or not.
Mythic Golbins can be tough, and the simpler the team setup the better the AI can handle it.
a team with Goblin Rocket, Boar Rider, Goblin Shaman, Goblin seems more dangerous than teams with Goblin King and Hobgoblin.

JammaTal

Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:13 am

I am also wondering about the rankings. I play quite some matches each day, but still are around rank 19000.
when going up the last ranks to 500 i had a very good and long session, no loss, fast matches. but even then, while playing all these successful matches in a row without halt, i was going down on the leaderboard.
are 2-4 minutes for a win simply too slow for going up? seems so.

in a thread on the GoW forum about maths behind going up on the leaderboard, one comment said you need to achieve constant 90 sec wins vs the best opponents for 8-10 consecutive hours each day to reach the top 100.
wow.

Falkenstein

Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:27 am

Thanks, JammaTal, for the suggested composition! I was thinking you had personal experience defending with them, yourself. One reason I'm uncertain about using a goblin defense team was I had understood that they had nerfed some of it, and that attackers would just use their Gob-Chomper & Dark Song team against them so their effectiveness was limited. If you try a goblin team as your defenders, I'd be interested in hearing how it goes before I invest the souls and resources to trait them up.

I've pulled a couple of Gob-Chompers out of chests, but I have not levelled or traited them or Dark Song so I had taken to just skipping defending teams with goblins and instead moving on to a different defender.

I'm with you on the "wow" ... "one comment said you need to achieve constant 90 sec wins vs the best opponents for 8-10 consecutive hours each day to reach the top 100." :shock:

Falkenstein

Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:07 pm

My defense performance was not good yesterday, but when I checked my Defense team before bed it was the wrong team! Somehow my Crimson Bat*, Goblin Shaman**, Goblin***, Marsh Raptor** defense team got replaced by another team for defense. I reset the Defense team back to Crimson Bat*, Goblin Shaman**, Goblin***, Marsh Raptor**, and the record this morning for it is 3 wins, 4 losses.

Return to “Mobile Games”