kennfusion

Re: Gems of War Guild thread continued

Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:35 pm

So yeah, Seals are the other topic.

You earn individual seals for yourself that are currency that can be spenti n the Guild Chests tab of Chests and Keys area.
As you earn person seals, those seals also help raise the Guild Chest Level.
The higher the Guild Chest Level, the higher the quality of items in any Guild Chest opened.

So you want to save your seals and spend them when the guild has a high Guild Chest Level.

40,000 is max Guild Seals for max Guild Chest Level. So to hit that weekly would be 1,333 per person.

If you just log in daily you get 105. If everyone just logged in it would be 3,150, so level 2 Guild Chest, where we are now already.

If everyone also made it to level 10 in ranked PvP, that would be about 25 battles if they won (based on about 35 points per battle) and that would be about another 300 pts. plus you probably gain a level in there for another 10

So just logging in and playing ranked PvP to rank 10 would be about 415 per person or 12,500, which is level 4 Guild Chest.

But there is no real reason to have to try to get past that most of the time. I would say we should just coordinate once a month or so to try to reach 40,000, as it would take a lot of work for everyone.

Hudsondinobot

Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:48 pm

I like trying to stay mostly casual on the contributions. It's a great guild and I enjoy being part of it, but some weeks I have to be more casual than others, if you know what I'm saying. I'd be bummed to get into a spot where I can't contribute as necessary.

Getting the +2 magic would be great, but... Getting gem chests and the other elite goodies are hard to pass up. I kinda feel like a priority system might work. Each tier becomes progressively more expensive, so maybe we could structure an order. Each week we get the following: X red, then X blue, then X purple and then X brown (or whatever, I'm not looking at it). And anything left over, we spend on purple.

It might be over managed, but it might be worth it to maximize gems, keys and bonuses. And honestly, I'm always hurting for souls and I'm nowhere near maxing any kingdoms because of it.

Anyway, my two cents.

biffpow

Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:35 am

Wow--they have really made some significant changes--thanks for explaining all of this, Kenn.

It sounds like if we do what we've been doing, we'll get to 4th level chests, which we would then all want to spend for on Sundays. Is that accurate?

I'm personally not much of a fan of weekly minimums, but I can certainly see why some of the higher level players we have in the guild would want that. I just tend to play more casually--some weeks I play a lot, other weeks all I do is log in each day and donate my gold to the guild. But even when I'm playing a lot, I just don't do PVP--it's uninteresting to me. But I do plenty of treasure map runs, and those seem to generate a lot of guild points. And right now, the treasure map algorithm seems to be working very favorably for chains and longer runs. I'm consistently getting runs of 75+ moves the last two days. It's just time-consuming.

For me, I would vote against weekly minimums. I would vote in favor of focusing on specific statue colors--it sounds like a good idea that could help some of our higher level players. We can coordinate that here (or possibly in-game? is there a message board on the guild page?). If a lot of people are in favor of weekly minimums, I'll give it a shot, relying on daily log-ins and treasure maps (I have over 200 of them stocked up, so I won't run out very soon).

Let's hear some more thoughts from the rest of the Kult : )

Falkenstein

Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:09 pm

Significant changes is right! I need to further educate myself on the changes before I can have an informed opinion, heh.

As for PvP, that recent major change where it became more of a chore to reach Tier/Rank 1 really impacted my enthusiasm for PvP, I barely look at it anymore and just dabble in PvP occasionally. However, if the guild came up with an expectation of participation, I would give it a try for a few weeks and see if it was fun or if I'm too casual, but either way I would not have any heartburn over the outcome. 8-)

Sjeng

Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:07 pm

Staying casual is fine by me.
A minimum to donate is also possibly, as long as it is very easy doable, also for low tier/casual players.

Some coordination on tasks would be nice.

kennfusion

Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:54 am

We will see on Monday, but if all Statues/Tasks reset on Monday's, any gold that was sitting in a task may be lost. That would be unfortunate, and would mean we need to coordinate better. But we won't know until Monday I guess.

biffpow

Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:20 pm

New kingdom today! While that will demand some gold to level, it should also bring in some gold via finishing the quest line and new challenges. Also will generate guild points for winning battles and potentially leveling up.

As an FYI, they've also apparently re-adjusted the treasure map game back down. I've done 8 in the last 36 hours and only managed to get better than 60 turns once : ( On Monday, I was never missing 60+. Assuming my IQ hasn't dropped a lot in the last few days (hmmm...), there's a definite change to the algorithms there. The drops just feel different--more matching during drops, with less matches remaining on the board to use. Also not seeing a way in our current slate of quests to actually gain any treasure maps, which I hope is only temporary.

On the plus side, I did pull my first mythic card ever--from a glory chest no less--yesterday, after having played the game since launch. I was pretty excited. Anyone have any tips on playing Draakulis, I'm all ears.

kennfusion

Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:24 pm

I just realized something....on the main Guild screen where our statues are, there are Levels. These are the levels we have been building up for all the time the guild has been in place. They were always the same, but now that some of us have focused on different colored tasks this week, they are no longer even. Blue is now 2 levels ahead of most.

Every time we complete a task, that color statue gains a weekly level, a permanent level and whatever resource that task gives.

Because we have focused on gems, blue will grow fastest. But Blue's level bonus is +xp, which I consider useless.

As I have mentioned before I think the weekly statue bonus of +2 magic would be the most valuable, but we would have to over commit for it.

Brown's level bonus is Glory, we need to get that statue to level 100 to go from +1 to +2. Personally, I think for leveling that is the most important. Of course leveling brown only brings Gold keys, the least useful of the resource bonuses for task completion.

I think they came up with a good balance.

And for now, starting Monday, I ask that we raise all statues at the same rate. Get them all to level 5 to start, and then one at a time after that.

biffpow

Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:40 am

Great observation, Kenn. I definitely hadn't noticed the correlation with the statues. Level 5 all around!

I wonder if the "guild guardians" we can get from guild chests will also feed the statue growth rates?

JammaTal

Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:34 pm

because of ongoing serious problems with my ipad i had decided for a factory reset.

but none of my iCloud backups can be restored. apple support could not help me either.
i have lost all progress in GOW. will contact the devs for help.

but in the moment my account is disabled. please don't kick me. i try to come back.
IMG_0026.JPG
IMG_0026.JPG (24.92 KiB) Viewed 4474 times
i must say that i'm totally baffled. such an important feature simply MUST function.
and no help, no explanations, no link, no details. only 3 dry words for such a desaster??
btw just before the reset i had manually made a backup. no error message.
instead confirmed as "last backup". but can't be restored too now.

Return to “Mobile Games”