halfvoid

Solitaire board / card games

Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:56 am

Since I typically can't find a good group of people to play games with here in the UK, i've mostly been picking up games either explicitly for single player, or can be played with a solitaire variant.

I recently picked up Friday (exclusively solo) and fell in love with it over the weekend. Tons of challenging and interesting decisions every step of the way with that game, minimal table / floor space required to play, good value (£14.99 for a game I'll probably end up playing a lot).

The only other one I own would be Space Hulk: Death Angel (which is coop with a single player variant)

Anyone else fans of these sort of games, that could recommend more of this style?

Buggy

Re: Solitaire board / card games

Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:49 pm

Robinson Crusoé is a very nice solo game - though it tends to spread all over the diner table which can become an issue when your 2 hours-long game is not quite finished and it's a school night and the kids need to eat so get this f*cking boardgame out of here NOW FFS should have listened to my mother.

John N Scott

Re: Solitaire board / card games

Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:26 pm

Try over at boardgamegeek (BGG) the search allows you to input the number of players, each game is reviewed, rated, with player tips, rule clarifications and collection of videos, they also have a 1 Player guild.

A Google search for Best Solo Board Games will return a number of best off lists.

Robinson Crusoé is well reviewed and is in the process of being re-printed by Portal Games, the existing supply is scarce and expensive.

I would recommend Lord of the Rings LCG and Mage Knight.

Return to “RPG, Board and Card Games”