Blanchot

Leap of Faith

Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:33 pm

@OBollocks & @riotgirl

just wanted to say it was this thread and your conversation that finally pushed me over the edge to plonk down €10 for the iOS version.

Thank you!
Last edited by Blanchot on Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

riotgirl

Re: Twilight Struggle

Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:37 pm

Pleasure! O'Bollocks has been singing the merits of Twilight Struggle for a lot longer than I have. I knew the game would be good (it's position on BGG is testament) but I had no idea the Playdek adaptation would be as good as it is.

I also purchased at full price and have zero regrets. Digital adaptations have allowed me to play games that I may rarely get the chance. I attend LoB [London on Board] about once a year if I'm lucky. That's from someone who currently lives in London!

Emos

Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:56 am

Glad to see that the iOS version appears to be a top-notch adaptation! I'm still fumbling around a bit playing the AI to get comfortable with the game mechanics. Also been watching YouTube tutorials and reading up on the TwilightStrategy card analysis. Been studying HOW to play this game more than actually...you know...playing the damn thing! Is this a thing that other people get sucked into or is it just me? :P

riotgirl

Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:13 am

@Emos

That has always been my experience with MtG. Bought 5th Ed packs and Mirage Cycle packs and never played the paper version beyond a couple of games with a uni friend a few years previous.

I have read so many articles, guides, decks yada yada yada and then took a huge hiatus from Tempest Cycle back in '98 to Magic 2013 (digital).

Am becoming interested in MtGO re: Pauper format (thinking Modern Pauper, but am interested in playing Pauper from a specific Block / Cycle).

In fact, I ought to create a Pauper paper deck from my paper cards that have been gathering dust for the last 18 years or so ...

Return to “RPG, Board and Card Games”