admin
Site Admin

Another patch comes to Pathfinder Adventures; still awesome, still buggy

Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:59 pm

Back when Pathfinder Adventures launched it was riddled with bugs and, yet, still managed to be one of the best games I've ever played on a tablet.

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/anoth ... ill-buggy/

CTD

Re: Another patch comes to Pathfinder Adventures; still awesome, still buggy

Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:00 pm

It has possibly fixed some things, but since I updated I haven't been able to collect any daily gold. That mechanism seems well and truly broken. Not vital, and I guess they will fix it soon. But if you really rely on that I suggest you hold off patching.

geigerm

Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:44 pm

It has possibly fixed some things, but since I updated I haven't been able to collect any daily gold. That mechanism seems well and truly broken. Not vital, and I guess they will fix it soon. But if you really rely on that I suggest you hold off patching.
If I didn't patch, I couldn't earn gold while playing scenarios in Story Mode.

Mirefox

Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:57 pm

The app is now universal. Parties are also synced between devices. I have yet to play on my iPhone 6 but I expect the game to be a bit of an eye strain. Still awesome to be able to pull it out and run a dungeon while out and about.

The main screen is full resolution, but menus are cropped. I don't know what the actual game screen is, but I hope it isn't cropped as well.

EICJoe

Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:00 pm

The app is now universal. Parties are also synced between devices. I have yet to play on my iPhone 6 but I expect the game to be a bit of an eye strain. Still awesome to be able to pull it out and run a dungeon while out and about.

The main screen is full resolution, but menus are cropped. I don't know what the actual game screen is, but I hope it isn't cropped as well.
Thanks for the update :)
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Mysterio

Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:16 pm

A first in any phone app (that I'm aware of) that was introduced with this update is the ability to rotate the phone to portrait orientation to full-zoom on a card. Love it! If that method doesn't work for you, they offer an alternative.

Mirefox

Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:33 pm

The game is certainly a gas guzzler on the phone. I played one game and it brought my batter from 45% to 30% in 15-or-so minutes.

geigerm

Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:24 pm

The game is certainly a gas guzzler on the phone. I played one game and it brought my batter from 45% to 30% in 15-or-so minutes.
I was afraid that might be the case. I'm happy to have the game on my phone but will try to stick to my iPad most of the time to conserve battery.

Mirefox

Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:34 pm

I was afraid that might be the case. I'm happy to have the game on my phone but will try to stick to my iPad most of the time to conserve battery.
It is also far easier to read/play on the Pad. I commend the effort, and it seems to be a good one, but for anyone fortunate enough to have the option, iPad is the way to go.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”