SleepingGiant

Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:02 am

Would you like to play a game?

(Please tell me someone gets that movie reference!)

I also had the Lebanon tutorial crash 3 times, then I just played a regular game and did fine. The in-context help seemed good enough to overcome my lack of knowledge and I managed to beat the AI on the first go, maybe just good luck. I actually went back to the tutorial after that to look up something I didn't understand and it went all the way through, finally.

Now I'll try playing as the commies against the AI, and then I guess I'll have to play against actual humans...

SleepingGiant

Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:02 am

I also had the Lebanon tutorial crash 3 times, then I just played a regular game and did fine. The in-context help seemed good enough to overcome my lack of knowledge and I managed to beat the AI on the first go, maybe just good luck. I actually went back to the tutorial after that to look up something I didn't understand and it went all the way through, finally.

Now I'll try playing as the commies against the AI, and then I guess I'll have to play against actual humans...

Snotty128

Re: One More Thing

Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:07 am

Am I right in saying you want to coup your way down to defcon 2 as quick as you can?

tomll

Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:26 pm

There's a near showstopper bug with the AI that seems to happen with both sides. The AI player fails to play a scoring card in its hand and the human player wins by default at the end of the turn. I just played 4 games in a row that ended after turn 1 or 2 for this reason!

Otherwise, glad to see the game on iPad finally! I've been playing the PC version for a while now and enjoying it. The AI seems to get better with multiple plays - I hope the iPad version does the same.

Also - multitasking PLEASE. It's like 2010 all over again!

Mysterio

Re:

Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:48 pm

WarGames:

"How about a nice game of chess?" :D

acedout

Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:43 pm

Does anyone know of a decent tutorial video for this game? The built-in tutorial and reference guide are good starters, but I'm struggling on basic strategy for this game.

Ferret96

Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:37 pm

Love to play people! Just got this too and am green. Ferret96 in game, add me!

rinelk

Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:47 pm

Does anyone know of a decent tutorial video for this game? The built-in tutorial and reference guide are good starters, but I'm struggling on basic strategy for this game.
http://www.twilightstrategy.com seems to be the one most often referenced.

skoptic

Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:51 pm

I'm skoptic in game.... Been through tutorial but not completed full game, this looks pretty epic (and pretty hardcore strategic!)

Love the fact we have this on iOS now. I'm up for a game ... But probably need a couple of AI under my belt :) have fun everyone!

SleepingGiant

Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:11 pm

@mysterio thank you, how about global thermonuclear war?

I just signed up on PlayDek as SleepingGiant, I'm still a total n00b if anyone wants to add me as a friend and probably win a Cold War against me.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”