Snotty128

Re: Re:

Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:05 am

Can't wait! New Editor? I sensed change in the air...
Uh, sorry--that was me. I'll light a match.
Clearly the first thing we need to do is hassle the new guy about implementing a like button

acedout

Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:07 am

Congrats! I'm sure you'll chart a steady course at your helm. I'll be looking forward to future articles. This is a fine, quality site and I'm sure this will continue.

I don't have a match, but I briefly excited my iPhone LED for you ;)

rinelk

Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:56 pm

Congrats! I'm sure you'll chart a steady course at your helm. I'll be looking forward to future articles. This is a fine, quality site and I'm sure this will continue.

I don't have a match, but I briefly excited my iPhone LED for you ;)
Just a joke--when I was a kid, I was told that, when you take a particularly smelly poop, you should light a match afterward, and this will reduce the smell.

JammaTal

Re: Twilight Struggle for iOS updated already

Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:30 pm

not really reducing the smell, but alarming attention on the new smell of "something must be burning" and so effectively distracting from "old and rotten" :D

SleepingGiant

Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:28 am

SleepingGiant wrote:Wait, what? New editor? What happened to Dave? I love Dave! Is he ok?
Dave is okay, he's just parted ways with Pocket Tactics. He's still posting in the iOS Board Games blog at BGG, though, so you can get your Neumann fix from time to time. I'm quite fond of him, too, and think he's charting a course in which he'll thrive. I don't think I know of a way to say more without disrespecting privacy, but I'm very hopeful for him.
Thanks Kelsey, I didn't mean to pry, it's just a big change because I read every article on this site and I think Dave is a great writer. I'm a big fan of your writing too! I'll keep on as a faithful reader.

Meanwhile, to anyone in the community, I just played an epic game of TS and was up by 12 and then the opponent brought the DEFCON level to 1 and the game said the opponent won! Is that a huge bug, or am I totally misunderstanding the rule on that? I have the same username on PlayDek if anyone wants to add me and play a friendly game and most like kick my butt back to the 1950s.

Snotty128

Re:

Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:49 am

Meanwhile, to anyone in the community, I just played an epic game of TS and was up by 12 and then the opponent brought the DEFCON level to 1 and the game said the opponent won! Is that a huge bug, or am I totally misunderstanding the rule on that? I have the same username on PlayDek if anyone wants to add me and play a friendly game and most like kick my butt back to the 1950s.
They call it defcon suicide, and its how the tension from the historical brinkmanship is represented In game. If defcon is forced to 1 in your turn then you lose, even if youre not the one that forced it to 1.

If you havent done so already you should consider signing up for the tourney. There will be a few sharks among the players, but the rest will be bumbling new players like ourselves. Its also a great way to set up further games with people of your experienece level.

acedout

Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:31 am

Clearly the first thing we need to do is hassle the new guy about implementing a like button
+1 ;)

JammaTal

Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:22 am

+1 ;)
(or we must keep spamming the forum with selfmade thumbs ups)

+1 ;)

acedout

Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:28 am

+1 ;)
(or we must keep spamming the forum with selfmade thumbs ups)

+1 ;)

Blackfyre

Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:01 am

Playdek, you've always been the best!

Can I say this? Or do I have to say it's Slitherine?

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”