admin
Site Admin

Shaking Your Head: It's Our New Release Post

Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:25 pm

It's Friday, and my file of new releases overfloweth. Dancing roguelikes, gibbing chesslikes, raunchy RTSes and French partisans... it's an odd crop this week.

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/its-our/

acedout

Re: Shaking Your Head: It's Our New Release Post

Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:06 am

Great info! Will definitely be checking out CotND. Downloaded on steam and never really played it (playing games on a MBP just doesn't do it for me really), but was very highly rated. Light relief from TS I guess.

Snotty128

Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:45 am

Im really enjoying Tofs approach to the 'out now' posts, but Ive noticed the card wars - kingdom on ios link directs me to the card wars game, and not the card wars kingdom game.

Bob-is-Bob

Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:00 am

Interesting about Regicide being released this past week.

I have been playing it for about 1 month already on my iPad - must have been a soft luanch in Canada ahead of global release OR was it just noticed recently?

I am enjoying it's take on things. Makes Chess a bit different. :)

tofeklund

Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:47 am

Whoops! Fixed the link to Card Wars Kingdoms... and Regicide has been out on iOS for some time now, only the Android release is news. I need to get a new iOS device: I love my Shield K1, but I'm slipping with the Apple stuff.

lopett3

Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:02 pm

Anybody get Precinct?
I am new to this one. Playing solo for now
Any one to play Coop online?

SleepingGiant

Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:26 pm

Yes, great article! The only thing that would make it better for me is if you (Tof) gave your first impression of whether each game seemed worth the time and money or not, based on your own experience and any reliable feedback you've heard, but maybe you haven't had a chance to play them yet.

I've played Regicide for several hours over the last few months since the iOS release. It's well done, a new take on chess, campaign is pretty fun, haven't deleted it from my iPad yet. My humble opinion of it would be about 4 stars.

CTD

Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:19 pm

Last week also saw the quirky Sheep Solitaire card game called Shephy released for both iOS and Android

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/shephy/

Somewhat iffy translations but it is pretty easy to figure out what is happening.

tofeklund

Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:05 pm

Shephy does look interesting.

I'd like to give first impressions of the games, but it's hard to carve out the time to do that. I know I have sometimes in the past. Going forward... we'll see.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”