EICJoe

Re: Review: Heroes of Normandie

Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:49 am

Re: The US Rangers DLC

Apparently there was an issue with people being able to buy the DLC, but it should be fixed now. If not, you'll need to go through the usual channels and submit talk to tech support.

If someone can report back on how much it is?
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Alex Connolly

Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:12 pm

Re: The US Rangers DLC

Apparently there was an issue with people being able to buy the DLC, but it should be fixed now. If not, you'll need to go through the usual channels and submit talk to tech support.

If someone can report back on how much it is?
I'm seeing $2.99.

Mythbuster

Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:26 pm

Works now! 1,99 € in Germany ... :mrgreen:
This post may not be reproduced without prior written permission.
Copyright (c) 1967-2016. All rights reserved to make me feel special. :-)

ChaosRandom

Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:17 pm

Jesus, 14.99? Just saw the price. You'd think Square Enix made it.

ImInnocent

Re:

Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:23 pm

Seriously people that is not a big deal price wise when you are talking about a quality translation to digital of a board game costing many times more. I prefer quality supported products than free to play ad and pay as you go type games. My time and the pleasure of it is more important than if it is free. I actually refuse to play any free to play games , period!

dgd79

Re: Re:

Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:00 pm

Seriously people that is not a big deal price wise when you are talking about a quality translation to digital of a board game costing many times more. I prefer quality supported products than free to play ad and pay as you go type games. My time and the pleasure of it is more important than if it is free. I actually refuse to play any free to play games , period!
Almost all boardgames for ios are half this price:
Agricola 7
Lords of Waterdeep 7
Neuroshima 5
Ticket to ride 7
Smallworld 7
Talisman 7
Galaxy trucker 5
Elder sign 7
Splendor 7
And i can give more and more

Its not a problem to spent 15. Its a problem, that publishers like Slitherine could think that its ok price for a game with iap when its not.

whovian223

Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:00 am

If it's as good of a game as it sounds, then the price is fine. I have no trouble with it.

For me, it's a personal decision that I won't be buying it because I don't think I'll get $21 worth of value (damned Canadian Dollar) out of it. I have some wargames that I've bought on sale that looked really cool and got rave reviews, and I just haven't played them.

For $7 (or $10, damned Canadian dollar), I might do it anyway, just to have it and hopefully play it later.

For $21, I'm not going to do it.

Even though I can't say that it's over-priced.

skoptic

Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:24 pm

The quality of this game is very high, the interface is great and has so many design flourishes and little extras which are not required, that it shines above a number of other board game conversions (obviously not all). The wealth of play options with comprehensive tutotorial, campaign, skirmish, rogue, multiplayer, level editor again it it in a class above a large number of other conversions. The inbuilt interactive 'manual' which is app specific and not just a link to a pdf or wall of text is another example of additional touches which to the right kind of user will add value and influence the 'price vs value' consideration.

The inclusion of IAP is a moot point, I believe, it should have no bearing on the value of the base game. It allows those who do think the game price is a suitable price to extend the game without making it mandatory for all. If games of this quality only come at this price, I'm ok with that. If I had the option of spending another £5 to improve a number of other board games (some above included) to this level of completeness and quality, I'd probably do it!

dgd79

Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:57 am

Level editor is game specific and the only title i could think of that would benefit this solution is Battlelore Command (even FFG priced it "only" 10 and people were saying its too much). The rest is just rubbish - quality is on par with titles mentioned above. Tell me please where HoN is 2 and sometimes 3 times better developed than others boardgames for ios (i should add there Twilight Struggle for 8,Castles of Mad King for 7 and some others recently published). Finally the game itself is ranked 598 on boardgemegeek when others are mostly top 100.

It is overpriced. I will wait for sale and if there were none I can live with that.

skoptic

Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:39 pm

For me, the additional value comes in a miriad of interactions from smaller 'insignificant' transitions or effects which make me appreciate the UI, to writing which has actually made me laugh (tutorial) where it could have just been dry, to larger things. It has made playing it more fun than playing TTR, Small World or Splendor - but this is obviously only my (potentially rubbish) opinion.

The bgg rating has little to do with the value I ascribe to a game, I tend to go on enjoyment I get rather than a poll, but if that's your thing, that's OK.

For me value and price are not necessarily linked, and I think value is relatively subjective (one man's trash ....... ) But just for sh*ts and giggles, I'll pony up that HoN is 2 x the UI of Police Precinct or Warhammer Leviathan, 3 x the quality of brass (beta) or Splendor (lack of) or TTR (flaky) multiplayer and 18 x the tutorial and manual of Elder Signs :)

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”