admin
Site Admin

Review: Mobius Final Fantasy

Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:30 pm

I'll admit, a fair amount of Japanese games/anime have a tendency to befuddle me when it comes to their writing (especially dialogue).

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/re ... l-fantasy/

mesterjester

Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:46 pm

I just wanted to correct two pieces of your review that aren't quite right.

First, the premium currency of the game is called magicite. That's the only thing that can be bought with real money. Magicite is then used in the in-game shop to buy all the other types of cards or currencies, including the job-upgrading crystals you mentioned.

For what it's worth, I feel like this game is very generous and fair with the magicite, as you earn 100 of it every 16 hours. Just for logging in everyday, you earn enough to purchase a Mobius gift box every month, which gets you a variety of all the other currencies and a 50% bonus to earned skillseeds, the currency used to upgrade your job. It practically negates the need to ever spend any real money on the game.

Second, although there is no multiplayer right now, the Japanese version does have multiplayer and this version will likely be getting it as well. The Japanese version is a year ahead of us though so it might be a while before it comes to us, but it is coming.

SeanICBM

Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:26 pm

I just wanted to correct two pieces of your review that aren't quite right.

First, the premium currency of the game is called magicite. That's the only thing that can be bought with real money. Magicite is then used in the in-game shop to buy all the other types of cards or currencies, including the job-upgrading crystals you mentioned.

For what it's worth, I feel like this game is very generous and fair with the magicite, as you earn 100 of it every 16 hours. Just for logging in everyday, you earn enough to purchase a Mobius gift box every month, which gets you a variety of all the other currencies and a 50% bonus to earned skillseeds, the currency used to upgrade your job. It practically negates the need to ever spend any real money on the game.

Second, although there is no multiplayer right now, the Japanese version does have multiplayer and this version will likely be getting it as well. The Japanese version is a year ahead of us though so it might be a while before it comes to us, but it is coming.
Oh ok. Apologies for those mistakes. I found it quite difficult to track down anything about the multiplayer but the currency thing is just down to lack research. Thanks for the correction though.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”