admin
Site Admin

Review: Space Hulk [Android]

Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:40 pm

Space Hulk on mobile is a tale of two dev teams. Full Control developed a PC adaption of the Games Workshop tabletop classic and ported it to iOS back in...

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/re ... ce-hulk-2/

rinelk

Re: Review: Space Hulk

Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:24 pm

Ahem.

Yours was better, but mine had a Johnny Dangerously reference.

Neumannium

Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:16 am

Ahem.

Oh, Kelsey, don't be an icehole.

SleepingGiant

Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:08 am

My mother made a Johnny Dangerously reference... Once.

I like both reviews. Sometimes you can get great joy out of flame-throwing a room full of genestealers to secure the objectives for your squads after many turns of planning and maneuvering, and sometimes it just feels like tedious animations and moving pieces along a parcheesi board. Just depends on your state of mind at the time, I suppose.

EICJoe

Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:49 am

Ahem.

Hah! Sorry about that Kelsey, I should have checked. I generally do for most things as It's good to keep on top of what's come before but this one slipped through the cracks for some reason.

Review has been edited to clarify things slightly :)
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

tofeklund

Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:52 pm

Ahem.

Mea Culpa! I'm sorry Kelsey!

Mirefox

Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:44 pm

Wow...

I know very little of the 40k universe outside of the Dawn of War series, but I still know what any generic space marine should look like, no matter what IP it comes from.

Was that really the box art? That's horrific!

tofeklund

Re:

Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:54 pm

Wow...

I know very little of the 40k universe outside of the Dawn of War series, but I still know what any generic space marine should look like, no matter what IP it comes from.

Was that really the box art? That's horrific!
Yup, 1st. Ed. from 1989. I don't know how they got it so badly wrong... sure Vazquez wore a red headband, but...

Image :P

anto

Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:56 pm

Spot on review, wish there would be a low graphic settings and/or fast mode for skip blip placement, lower battery consumption etc ... well, at least one can disable the action camera.

Side note, I was able to backup the game on the K1 and restore it on my Samsung Note 10.1 (2014 Ed), works well there too, although is not officially supported, so I am actually playing it now only on the Samsung 10" device, due to the benefit of having a bigger screen. Just saying in case someone else has a similar tablet.

EICJoe

Re:

Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:15 pm

Spot on review, wish there would be a low graphic settings and/or fast mode for skip blip placement, lower battery consumption etc ... well, at least one can disable the action camera.

Side note, I was able to backup the game on the K1 and restore it on my Samsung Note 10.1 (2014 Ed), works well there too, although is not officially supported, so I am actually playing it now only on the Samsung 10" device, due to the benefit of having a bigger screen. Just saying in case someone else has a similar tablet.
Nice tip - thank you!
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”