admin
Site Admin

Castles of Mad King Ludwig On Sale Till Saturday!

Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:26 am

Shout out to Dave Neumann and his iBG team over on BoardGameGeek for this one – apparently today marks the 171st Birthday of one ‘mad’ Ludwig II of Bavaria, star...

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/castl ... -saturday/

Js619

Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:43 pm

I never picked this one up because of the lack of MP... anyone care to comment if it's worth is for $3?

Mirefox

Re:

Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:42 pm

I never picked this one up because of the lack of MP... anyone care to comment if it's worth is for $3?
Exactly the same, here.

I happened to have $4 left on a gift card so I just picked it up this morning because I am a board gamer and can't often resist a quality digital board game, though the sad lack of MP is a trend that makes it easier and easier to say no these days.

It seems like yesterday that someone involved with the Splendor development was promising people on the BGG boards that MP was on its way, or something to that effect. That was a year ago. I seem to remember a similar promise for Mad King Ludvig. I only wish that MP was available before this because I probably could have convinced some of my buddies to pick it up at this price.

KYakerDude

Re:

Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:04 pm

Is it worth the $3?

I have a backlog of quality games to learn and play. I wish it had MP because I'm starting to play that way more and more. But if it is a good game and fun to play anyway, I like buying discounted games.

Mirefox

Re: Re:

Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:11 pm

Is it worth the $3?

I have a backlog of quality games to learn and play. I wish it had MP because I'm starting to play that way more and more. But if it is a good game and fun to play anyway, I like buying discounted games.
With multiplayer, you would be committing highway robbery taking it at this price. Without, your mileage may vary. I, personally, will probably never play it. I spent my $3, played the tutorial and a single game, and deleted it. The game isn't bad; in fact, the mechanics are fun and the app is well made. I just don't really care about a board game "campaign" nor do I care about playing against an AI. I'm open to installing again in the future, but if I want single-player board games, I'll stick with Pathfinder.

whovian223

Re: Re:

Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:54 pm

It seems like yesterday that someone involved with the Splendor development was promising people on the BGG boards that MP was on its way, or something to that effect. That was a year ago. I seem to remember a similar promise for Mad King Ludvig. I only wish that MP was available before this because I probably could have convinced some of my buddies to pick it up at this price.
On Asmodee's Facebook page, they said that Splendor MP is coming soon.

Yes, I know. "Soon." But I doubt they would have posted it on FB without at least a working idea of when it's going to come.

anto

Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:27 pm

To compensate the lack of MP, the solo campaign is well done and so IMHO, yes, worth it.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”