Snotty128

Re:

Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:17 pm

Great review - I was waiting for this before pulling the plug on this one. Does it lend itself better to quick bursts of iPhone gaming? Or is it more suited for an iPad session?
I found the classic and solo modes lent themselves to 5-10 minute bursts of play. You get a significant bonus for causing a cascade that clears the board, and this creates a natural break in the gameplay to save and quit.

The campaign missions where much longer, more involved and time consuming, so I did those in one hit to keep my concentration.

NICKVIGDAHL

Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:05 pm

I found the classic and solo modes lent themselves to 5-10 minute bursts of play. You get a significant bonus for causing a cascade that clears the board, and this creates a natural break in the gameplay to save and quit.

The campaign missions where much longer, more involved and time consuming, so I did those in one hit to keep my concentration.
I agree with this. A key tactic is setting up multiple columns to clear at once. Once you've triggered that cascade you can more easily save and resume later.

In general I like it much better on the iPad but it works just fine on a phone as well.

acedout

Re: Review: Concrete Jungle

Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:08 pm

This is a terrific game! I completed all but the last challenge in the Campaign - that's a tricky one! I hope they come out with more campaigns and a true online multiplayer option.

This is an absolute gem and I'll bet money with ranks very highly in the strategy section for the 2016 best PT games!

I'm totally hooked.

NICKVIGDAHL

Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:22 pm

This is a terrific game! I completed all but the last challenge in the Campaign - that's a tricky one! I hope they come out with more campaigns and a true online multiplayer option.

This is an absolute gem and I'll bet money with ranks very highly in the strategy section for the 2016 best PT games!

I'm totally hooked.
I asked Cole Jefferies, the developer, about online multiplayer and he said there were no current plans to add it but he certainly wouldn't rule it out.

This is on my shortlist for GOTY with Warbits, Polytopia, and Guild of Dungeoneering.

Js619

Re: Re:

Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:59 pm

Thanks all... I'm interested in this one but not sure that I need another solo game on my iPad right now. Maybe once I've finished Pathfinder...
The idea of "finishing Pathfinder" kind of cracks me up.

But I'm with you--interested in this one, but not enough to add it to the backlog at the moment.
I lol'd at this... maybe I should've said "make some progress in Pathfinder"?
Last edited by Js619 on Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

acedout

Re:

Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:43 pm

I'm totally hooked.
I asked Cole Jefferies, the developer, about online multiplayer and he said there were no current plans to add it but he certainly wouldn't rule it out.

This is on my shortlist for GOTY with Warbits, Polytopia, and Guild of Dungeoneering.
That's a huge pity. Let's hope the game really takes off. It's it marketed right, I think he's got a real classic there. It's very, very polished! The AI is also remarkably good! That's not an easy game to code an AI for, albeit not quite as hard as other board games. But it is very human-like, so hats off to him. There is some real talent behind this game. And I'm also a developer. But sadly not good enough to program games!

TokyoDan

Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:11 pm

What is this Pathfinder game people are talking about here? I searched on iTunes App Store and a few different games contained 'pathfinder'.

Mysterio

Re:

Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:47 am

What is this Pathfinder game people are talking about here? I searched on iTunes App Store and a few different games contained 'pathfinder'.
Link

TokyoDan

Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:06 am

How does this compare to the previous game MagaCity?

TokyoDan

Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:07 am

Thanks Mysterio.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”