dinopoloclub

Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:41 am

Thanks for the review and all the positive comments!

I don't want to dwell on the price, but we approached it fairly naively and took the somewhat-standard approach of halving the desktop price for mobile. With the featuring and desktop players coming on board it's doing well???better than expectations, and better than any single week we've had on Steam. Between that experience, and hearing how well Reigns is doing, it's reassuring that indie premium games can still find some success on the App Store (even if it is becoming increasingly rare). Maybe if it was $3 or $4 we'd have doubled sales, but thankfully we have no way of knowing! We're taking the same approach with the desktop pricing, probably better to price it on the high side so we have some wiggle room for discounts down the line.
Last edited by dinopoloclub on Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Js619

Re:

Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:56 am

I don't want to dwell on the price, but we approached it fairly naively and took the somewhat-standard approach of halving the desktop price for mobile. With the featuring and desktop players coming on board it's doing well???better than expectations, and better than any single week we've had on Steam. Between that experience, and hearing how well Reigns is doing, it's reassuring that indie premium games can still find some success on the App Store (even if it is becoming increasingly rare). Maybe if it was $3 or $4 we'd have doubled sales, but thankfully we have no way of knowing! We're taking the same approach with the desktop pricing, probably better to price it on the high side so we have some wiggle room for discounts down the line.
Glad to see you guys here and commenting. I've been playing Mini Metro since it was a beta browser game going through different iterations, and while I can't speak for others, I would gladly have paid $10 or more for this game. Great job and great iOS port; can't wait to see what Dino Polo Club does next!

edited for typos and whatnot that may or may not have been caused by Ardbeg...

geigerm

Re:

Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:28 pm

Thanks for checking in! The game is excellent--installed it on both my phone and iPad and have played through a few runs every day since its release. I'm not sure I'm getting any better, but I'm enjoying the heck out of it anyway ...

raindog308

Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:27 am

I think it's important to note that the endless , chiilout efficiency solve mode of the desktop version is missing on mobile. I really, really miss this - and I understand it was left out because the devs wanted to tinker with it.

It's been a while...no endless mode in sight. They did say they'd bring it in an update but I think MM went mobile in March 2016 -?

I'd rate it as a 3-star without endless...not everyone wants to always play in a crucible. Add endless and it's 5-star. I personally find the typical game's short time-frame to be quickly boring. If I only get 15-20 minutes with a city, it's not nearly as interesting.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”