admin
Site Admin

News By Numbers - November 28th, 2016

Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:17 pm

Welcome to News by Numbers, where we highlight some of the can't-miss mobile gaming news each week.

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/news- ... 28th-2016/

MrGohl

Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:48 pm

Regarding Lost Portal, did they ever address the issue of the finite amount of enemies to fight? For instance, once a dungeon is cleared, its always cleared? So if I make some poor choices in deck contruction and come up against an opponent I cannot beat, there is currently no way to "grind" exp, gold, new cards etc. on any lesser mobs, correct?

My only problem with this tremendous game.

Wavelightgames

Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:56 pm

Thanks for the shout outs for Demon's Rise 2 and Strike Team. Great article.

Buggy

Re:

Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:31 am

Regarding Lost Portal, did they ever address the issue of the finite amount of enemies to fight? For instance, once a dungeon is cleared, its always cleared? So if I make some poor choices in deck contruction and come up against an opponent I cannot beat, there is currently no way to "grind" exp, gold, new cards etc. on any lesser mobs, correct?

They did not. And since you lose gold and cards each time you get beaten by said opponent, it is the exact opposite of grinding... :D My advice? Don't make poor choices in deck construction. ;)

Mr. E

Re: Re:

Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:34 am

They did not. And since you lose gold and cards each time you get beaten by said opponent, it is the exact opposite of grinding... :D My advice? Don't make poor choices in deck construction. ;)
Solid advice, but the cards you gather as a reward are rather random and luck-based as well, so sometimes it's simply incredibly difficult to construct a strong enough deck. Which is a problem I'm currently running into, unfortunately. I've been testing different deck styles, but there is this one type of enemy that I'm having big troubles with - and in the process of testing and failing, I'm losing fights and precious gold :(

Snarvid

Re: Re:

Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:53 pm

Well, there are infinite enemies to fight, but only once the game is finished. There's a respawnable group of 3 dungeons once you win. Doesn't help your early game grinding issue, though.

My other problem with this tremendous game is the randomness of essential cards. I've been stuck on 2 Neuromantic Elders the whole game as Blue, then started a Black game and had one in the very first store. There needs to be a "chest" or "locker" for twinking cards between your various characters.

biffpow

Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:29 pm

Great update, as usual, Nick : ) Strike Team looks awesome. Hearthstone looks...even more broken.

I read one headline as "Hades' Star Phone" and immediately thought it was some kind of text sim where you call dead famous beings in Hell. And I was momentarily excited to try that. Oh well....

Migasoto

Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:25 pm

Just didn't get on with Lost Portal. Very repetitive and pretty dull.

Just get Rome Total War, surely the best game on Mobile?

darkehorse

Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:17 am

What game is the screenshot from?

NICKVIGDAHL

Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:37 am

What game is the screenshot from?
Rageclaw

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”