pjft

Re: Demon's Rise Giveaway! Enter Now!

Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:49 am

Happy to chime in - seems that my old Pocket Tactics account was no longer valid, maybe it didn't migrate over to the new servers/backend/forums?

I don't know what classes are there in Demon's Rise, but in case it doesn't exist, I was thinking of a "Chain Monk" (which you can picture as a cross between Mortal Kombat's Kung Lao and Scorpion).

He'd be a master of melee, with the ability to throw a long-distance chain to enemies to either trap/chain them for a turn or two (stun), pull them next to you for melee attacks, throw them across the arena and smash them against others, walls or the floor, and other nifty kind of things. You may even include a "boomerang blade hat" like Kung Lao himself if you feel he must have that kind of long distance attack.

Anyway, congrats on the great game - I see it getting a lot of positive comments both here and on Touch Arcade.

Pffth

Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:51 am

The Anger Management Berserker

Each turn there is a 50% chance of the Berserker gaining 1 strength and losing 1 intelligence. When this happens, he must attack on this turn. If his intelligence reaches 0, he passes out in a foaming, incoherent rage. On any turn when he is not compelled to attack, the Berserker may spend his turn saying his calming mantra to himself to restore his strength and intelligence to their original levels.

MetalRufflez

Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:05 pm

I think a Dark Souls like "Deprived" or ("Milquetoast" as in Bloodborn) could work

- Can't equip armor
- Can't equip "sophisticated" weapons, only wood stuff (Dunno if this fits the game)
- If there's a magic tree, limited to only one of it's paths (fire, ice, etc)
- Double XP/Gold (gotta have some benefits, right?)
- Basically the extra hard mode

Backstory is the cliche "you just woke up here, naked, can't remember your who you are and your hands don't work. Survive"

kengass

Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:52 pm

The Maniac

I would create a class of character with his/her own hidden agenda and a shaky mental state. Powerful but completely unpredictable. They may quit halfway through a fight, turn on their comrades, attack friendly NPCs or maybe just run off with your equipment. Their unpredictability would grant powerful bonuses against enemies along with their inherently high risk factor.

ImInnocent

Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:58 pm

So when does the drawing happen? Thanks

EICJoe

Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:02 am

We've had a lot of entries already (and you reminded me I didn't actually stipulate an end date, my bad) - I will close the competition at the end of the competition over the weekend and the draw will happen Monday.

Thanks to everyone for joining in!
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

ninjafoodstuff

Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:49 am

The Wet Bandit. Rogue class with low intelligence score but a compulsion for stealing things from children. Can multiclass into The Sticky Bandit.

EICJoe

Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:45 am

THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED. NO POSTS AFTER THIS WILL BE ACCEPTED INTO THE DRAW.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

EICJoe

Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:29 pm

Hey everyone.

Sorry this took so long - everyone who has won a prize will have a PM from me in their inbox on this forum.

Instructions on how to get the code are in there.

Another competition is on the way!
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”