biffpow

Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:37 pm

I think it was wiser for Joe to get the review out now rather than wait a week because PT reviews do influence purchasing decisions. And most of us don't want to wait a week to decide about a new game.

I don't have any insightful ideas into 1-star vs. 2-star or what have you, though I sometimes wonder if the reviews should simply be "Definite purchase" "Maybe purchase" and "Do not purchase". A 1-star, for me, equates to "do not purchase".

And, based on spending a couple hours with the app on a friend's ipad last night, I would agree this is a "do not purchase" app (especially at $6.99). I've never much liked the physical game, though, and this is even less interesting than that for me. Plus the game is buggy. It shut itself down three times in the short span that I played (on an ipad 4), and it doesn't save progress in games, so I had to start over. That's a deal-breaker for me with any game, and it was the final nail in the coffin for this one.

Buggy

Re: Review: Mysterium

Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:14 pm

Wait… no pass'n'play?! Why? WHY!? :(

NICKVIGDAHL

Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:40 am

I think it was wiser for Joe to get the review out now rather than wait a week because PT reviews do influence purchasing decisions. And most of us don't want to wait a week to decide about a new game.
Got it in one.
A 1-star, for me, equates to "do not purchase".
Most certainly.

Agent_7

Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:06 pm

I have to respectfully disagree based on my experience.

To date, I have experienced no crashes despite multiple games.

I agree that the tutorial could be expanded somewhat. The game should really drive new players into Solo play before offering multiplayer.

In the 48 hours I have owned the game, I was able to join multiple multiplayer games. Why my better success, I don't know.

I do agree that being stuck in the game while waiting for game creation is a mistake.

However, while in a game, it makes zero sense to exit out. The key to successfully winning this collaborative game is chatting with your teammates.

Through the give and take, we won more than one game.

Is it as good as IRL? No. But short of a console version with VOIP, it works pretty well.

I recommend the game and will continue to play as long as there is a multiplayer community.

skoptic

Re:

Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:47 pm

There's nothing wrong with that, it's completely expected in fact, but it exposes the limits of using stars to convey opinion.
That's what the words are for ;)

acedout

Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:44 pm

Meanwhile, the well deserving 5-Star Twighlight Struggle STILL doesn't multitask on iOS.

For me, I rarely buy any game reviewed at <=3 on PT. Has served me well, so arguing over 1 or 2 stars doesn't seem worth the bother for me.

EICJoe

Re: Review: Mysterium

Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:59 pm

Our review has been updated with impressions from the multiplayer. Please consult the first comment above.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”