KYakerDude

Re: Solitairica Giveaway – Enter Now!

Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:20 pm

I'd like to see a mash up of a trick taking game such as Spades or Hearts and a RPG. It would be something like Card Crawl but using Spades as the game instead of something like Solitaire. In a Spades version you would need to bid to figure out if you could beat the monster by taking more tricks than they do. It would have to be a partner game, but the partner could be a dummy, like in Bridge. A Hearts version would just have you take damage for each heart you took in a trick, but shooting the moon would be an automatic win.

raindog308

Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:36 pm

Hearts is my favorite card game. What if the hearts were phyical city grid blocks and as you played you remade the city?

raindog308

Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:37 pm

I'd like to see a mash up of a trick taking game such as Spades or Hearts and a RPG. It would be something like Card Crawl but using Spades as the game instead of something like Solitaire. In a Spades version you would need to bid to figure out if you could beat the monster by taking more tricks than they do. It would have to be a partner game, but the partner could be a dummy, like in Bridge. A Hearts version would just have you take damage for each heart you took in a trick, but shooting the moon would be an automatic win.
btw, Sword & Poker is this idea only with poker.

z3alfish

Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:22 pm

The Mystery Rummy series comes to mind. Mike Fitzgerald's (of BBH2045 and Pokemon CCG fame) first foray into "designer" games I believe.

z3alfish

Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:22 pm

The Mystery Rummy series comes to mind. Mike Fitzgerald's (of BBH2045 and Pokemon CCG fame) first foray into "designer" games I believe.

EICJoe

Re:

Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:00 pm

You know you haven't claimed your other prize yet, right?
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

epigraph

Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:23 pm

The Doomtown: Reloaded CCG and its predecessor both used poker hands to help determine the outcome of shootouts. Every card in your deck has a poker value in addition to the usual CCG things. Your card abilities help you build a hand (by giving you the ability to draw/discard more cards, or by manipulating the final result in some way) but ultimately, the cards you choose to use in your deck determine which cards are available for poker hands, adding another layer of deck building complexity.

It really adds to the feeling of "stacking the deck" that feels appropriate in a western-flavoured setting.

johnnylongtorso

Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:24 pm

I play a lot of boardgames so there is a huge list of games that fit this description, Dominion, Ticket to Ride, Tichu, and so many others. The best part is many of these games are on mobile to play as well! My favorite is probably Card Crawl, which uses the mechanics of Solitaire in a really fun new way. Thanks!

Festuca

Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:47 pm

Dutch Blitz is a IRL game of multiplayer solitaire. The rules are similar to regular Klondike solitaire. Everyone has their own deck of cards, making their own solitaire game, but anyone can play on anyone's piles that go from A to 10, and it's a race to see who can empty their board fastest. You can even play with two people on a team, one managing the piles and one flipping new cards over. It's unique because it turns a single player game into a very fun competitive one.

Hustlertwo

Re:

Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:10 pm

I remember being incredibly enamored with the Caravan mini game in Fallout New Vegas. To the point that I tried to play it in real-life, with mixed results. I only partially remember it now but it had a freecell sort of feel, yet was totally focused on multiplayer. Each face card had different abilities and would really allow you to mess up the other guy.

Also, like a previous poster I do enjoy Pazaak, lending a slight strategic value to blackjack. The right cards made a big deal, as evidenced by that Ithorian you could beat in KotOR 2 for some rare items that will strike you down 9 times out of ten if you come at him with just a base deck.
Please check out my new interactive fiction story, The Parenting Simulator, available on iOS, Google Play, and Amazon!

https://www.choiceofgames.com/user-cont ... sercontrib

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”