hawkinson88

Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:32 pm

I cant think of a card game more used than solitaire. I'm not big in to card games being that I have no one to play them with. Fairway solitaire made a mention already but man that was a really clever look at it.

biffpow

Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:00 pm

Wizard is a great card game that essentially uses the rules of whist, but adds two wizards to the deck--they can be played out of order if desired and are always the highest card no matter what.

souldan

Re: Solitairica Giveaway – Enter Now!

Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:05 pm

Sword and poker for me. Battle monsters using a deck and pokerhands.

It might well have inspired solitairica.

Enker

Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:39 pm

Sword and Poker (both the original and it's sequel) managed to pull off a successful fusion of RPG dungeon exploration and a deeply tactical variation of poker that kick started the cross-pollination of the two genres on mobile, but for my money POKER KNIGHT from Instant Games takes the concept to near-perfection.

The games battle system hinges on pulling poker hands from two decks but really shines when powers for both the player and opposing monsters are introduced. These show ways to 'cheat' the basic system that wouldn't work in any other environment. The concept that the hand you play and the cards left behind afterward affect damage each turn makes gameplay feel genuinely unique.

I've written a review of the game for My Boxed Universe for those who want to know more at: https://myboxeduniverse.wordpress.com/2 ... er-knight/ and highly recommend anyone with a passing interest in card to RPG hybrids check it out.

Rangent

Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:20 pm

I'd be extremely interested to try Solitarica as Sword and Poker was a standard deck game with RPG mechanics I liked a lot.

Kirian42

Re: Solitairica Giveaway – Enter Now!

Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:21 pm

Pina Pirata is a take-off of Uno/Crazy Eights that uses a double-9 domino deck... of pirates. It was created by Donald X Vaccarino, who created Dominion, and so every round sees a bunch of extra rules that make the game more interesting (things like: you can't play a walrus on another walrus; or, turtles always match crocodiles as well as themselves and vice versa). A nice filler game or great for younger kids.

Mantheron

Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:51 pm

I really enjoy the mystery rummy take on the classic card game. The Escape from Alcatraz version bends interesting choices with the classic rummy gameplay to create something both new and familiar.

Univac

Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:47 am

I like Rummikub's mashup of Rummy with a tile placement mechanic like Mahjong.

Ralph

Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:52 am

I purchased Sans Allies solitare game over Christmas. It's a takes Classic solitare and gives it a wargame spin as you try to defeat the enemy before he develops a super weapon.
It's a quick fun game ..

ninjafoodstuff

Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:21 am

The special edition of Dishonored came with a set of themed Tarot cards. That was pretty cool but they'd also invented a game The Game of Nancy (http://dishonored.wikia.com/wiki/Game_of_Nancy) to go with it

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”