djkubit

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:48 am

How about a shotgun wielding engineer who also upgrades weapons using parts found on the battlefield for himself or the team. And grenades. Lots of grenades.

Android

Suxel

Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:03 am

iOS Please

Enforcer would be a supporting class that wields a massive flame thrower. He deals a lot of dmg on it's own but is a bit fragile and all items are 50% less powerful to compensate for big Base dmg buff. He can withstand dmg from the front but takes additional dmg from flanks and up to 75% more from the rear.

those

Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:24 am

OK... If I'm luck enough.. Android please...

So for the class..? Not sure if there's anything similar already, but some kind of advance recon/scout class..? Lightly armoured, fast moving, stealthy - a character that can get ahead and report back what's coming up, maybe lay a few traps, snipe a few enemies whilst hidden..?

Tenko

Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:49 am

I'd like a "war correspondent" class. They support the team with morale buffs (getting great shots of them in action) and the team earns extra XP for each kill caught on camera. They're also equipped with camera drones that can be used for scouting, and a flash gun for temporarily blinding enemies. Maybe some kind of hologram defence option too - they project an image of themselves to confuse the enemy.

iOs please.

gnomius

Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:21 am

Inspired on the board game "Space Crusade" from the 90s, I think it could be a good idea to include a "melee fighter" class. Funny because it is not very common in sci-fi settings. He would wield a futuristic sword (e.g. monomolecular blade, light saber...) or other melee weapon and could only fight in close combat. He would also have high protection to compensate for his lack of ranged weapons, probably a force shield like suggested by the "Shield" and "Psi" classes above.

If lucky enough to be chosen, I'd like an Android code, please.

Thanks!

pjft

Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:32 am

I was going to go for a stealth class, but based on teleportation. Probably with some cooldown, and they could either teleport themselves or an enemy unit. Could be used for recon - initially I was thinking of assassination, but then I thought that in a sci-fi setting this would probably be a highly technical individual (i.e. an engineer or so), so probably more used for recon, or close range combat and light armor.

If I'd be lucky enough, I'd certainly be happy with an iOS code.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

WesKingofScots

Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:39 am

Android version.
My class would be an Alien Hunter. Something along the lines of an Inquisitor. Armed with torture Weapons. Thanks, love all your games
wavelight!

ImInnocent

Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:18 pm

Bruiser: This class has a exo-skeleton suit that allows the player to magnify their strength by 50 times. You can punch and crush your enemies and grind their bones. You can also hurl objects at extreme distances to damage opponents. This kind of brings back a little of Aliens movie scene with Ripley fighting the Queen Alien. Good times , good times.
IOS Platform Code Please.

baconcow

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:19 pm

iOS version, please.

I would include a time-based support character, the Clockwork Soldier. This character would have some cybernetics that would provide them with non-human time-manipulation capabilities. This main focus of this soldier would be to use time-manipulation weapons and electronic gadgets to support the battle. Being a turn-based game, time-manipulation would occur by shortening or lengthening the time before the player's (or enemy's) next turn or to provide statistical buffs and debuffs. The main weapon of the Clockwork Soldier would be a small arms weapon (perhaps a time-manipulation pistol) that would do low damage but increase the time until the shot chatacters next turn. They could use several gadgets such as time grenades (that would act similar to the slowdown of the pistol, but have an area effect and perhaps the time-manipulation effect could last longer. They could have a support ability that could speed up ally characters for a few turns. They could have passive boost that provides them with increased dodge/agility (due to their cybernetics providing them with the ability to partially manipulate time). On their turn, they could forfeit their turn to rewind the time of one of their allies, undoing any actions they made or had happen since the Clockwork Soldiers last turn (this would likely require a bigger cooldown or limited uses). This could be used to save an ally from death or to undo a dangerous move of theirs, but would drain the Clockwork Soldier and leave them vulnerable until their next turn (perhaps even reducing the effectiveness of all of their own passive cybernetics-based time-manipulation boosts). Being able to manipulate time, they could have a secondary support weapon that can create a once use worm-hole in the fabric of space time that allows another ally or a explosive projectile (i.e. grenade) to travel larger-than-usual distances or even through solid walls. The actual wormhole could be a one-time use worm-hole (with a cooldown or limited uses) that would be created by the Clockwork Soldier within the capabilities of their weapon and line of sight. This means that the Clockwork Soldier could provide movement capabilities, for ally soldiers or projectiles, that would not normally be possible in their next turn. Just a few ideas of what could be a potential class in this game. I hope this game doesn't already have this class or that no one else above mentioned it.

Hustlertwo

Re: Return of the Giveaway: Strike Team Hydra - Enter Now!

Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:27 am

iOS please!

EHow about Noob-Noob for my fellow Rick and Morty fans? Not literally, but someone like that, a normally support character called up to frontline action who has a lot of chutzpah but no real experience. Call them The Reservist. They can provide buffs to units around them through their infectious high morale, but these turn into debuffs or disappear when The Reservist's health dips too low as he/she is not used to the pain of battle. Maybe give them the Sycophant ability, where they provide significant stat boosts to one character adjacent to them as long as that character is a higher rank/level.
Please check out my interactive fiction comedy Nuclear Powered Toaster, available on iOS, Google Play, Steam and Amazon!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... redtoaster

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”