admin
Site Admin

ARK: Survival Evolved’s move to mobile brings us one step closer to a glorious new era for mobile gaming

Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:20 pm

Yesterday we released a feature looking at the mobile release of Fortnite Battle Royale, a competitive shooter that was delivering a like-for-like mobile port versus the PC and console experience.

http://www.pockettactics.com/articles/a ... le-gaming/

Erroll

Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:57 pm

I love the idea of having this on my tablet but if it is going to be a F2P inapp walletfest then I will pass.

Probably going to be the family-sharing defeating "demo with inapp purchase to unlock". That would be unfortunate too.

EICJoe

Re:

Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:17 pm

I love the idea of having this on my tablet but if it is going to be a F2P inapp walletfest then I will pass.

Probably going to be the family-sharing defeating "demo with inapp purchase to unlock". That would be unfortunate too.
Well that's the question isn't it - how are they going to monetise mobile users vs. gamers who could be paying up to £50 to play on the PC - yet they're playing the same game. I don't think it will be a traditional F2P model - they'd have to really pull something out of thin air to make it work for ARK as it doesn't exist currently.

I don't necessarily think CIV 6's attempt was the way to go either - Sure, it's $60 on the PC and it's the same game, but it's not mobile users fault that they exist within a lower-priced eco-system and it's not 100% the same experience because of the concessions made towards the different hardware capabilities PC vs. mobile.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”