raindog308

Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:41 pm

There's also Blood Bowl. True, it's fantasy, but it's also sports.

SERP, I remember that basketball management game!

Personally, I'd love to see the simplicity of Backyard Football on the iPad. Can't require much in terms of horsepower.

Nearly every review of MLBM 2018 I've read commented on how tired the franchise is. And those presumably are those who are fans.

I played Pro Strategy Football 2013 and it was very crunchy - lots of stats, playbooks, etc. A bit more than I wanted...but I suppose a real NFL afficianado would love it. Finding the balance between total statsgasm and too simplistic is hard it seems.

black bellamy

Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:07 pm

Why are you recycling content?
these kinds of articles are always bringing in new people

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.
Your new strategy is driving me away from your sites. I open my tabs and all I see is another listicle and I just close it down. I'm looking for game reviews, news about releases, strategies and journalism. I'm looking at PT, WG, and SG right this moment and nearly every single tout is a listicle. On WG the latest review is from July 11th and almost every story since then is a list. There's no value for me here any more. I've been a reader of your sites for years but it's just not worth visiting often any more.

I'm wondering, because you guys have a proprietary membership system and have good metrics on that, since you started your listicle-heavy strategy, has the amount of members created per month gone up or down?

EICJoe

Re:

Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:27 pm

Why are you recycling content?
these kinds of articles are always bringing in new people

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.
Your new strategy is driving me away from your sites. I open my tabs and all I see is another listicle and I just close it down. I'm looking for game reviews, news about releases, strategies and journalism. I'm looking at PT, WG, and SG right this moment and nearly every single tout is a listicle. On WG the latest review is from July 11th and almost every story since then is a list. There's no value for me here any more. I've been a reader of your sites for years but it's just not worth visiting often any more.

I'm wondering, because you guys have a proprietary membership system and have good metrics on that, since you started your listicle-heavy strategy, has the amount of members created per month gone up or down?
All I can say is that I've been away on business this week and last week was difficult for other reasons. When all else fails, re-posting a listicle (and we've dropped down to once every two months now) is easy and it keeps the homepage ticking over, which I feel is important. There are reviews and articles in the works, don't worry, but they're just not dropping daily. Sometimes I spread them out at a more even pace, sometimes I save them for a more sustained hit (on SG a couple of weeks ago, for example, there were 3 or four reviews in a row, once per day) which means that 'off' weeks are more listicle focused.

So far its a strategy that's working but I know its not always ideal, and I don't take it for granted and do try and give you guys fresh stuff as much as possible.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”