admin
Site Admin

The Best Competitive CCG/TCGs on Mobile

Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:24 am

Online collectable card games combine the cerebral appeal of tactical play with the adrenaline rush of random loot and top-decking.

http://www.pockettactics.com/guides/gam ... sh-royale/

Fafa_power

Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:08 pm

To me the best CCG (which names himself a CCG but doesn't have any card to collect/trade) is - by far - EPIC Digital by White Wizard Games (makers of Star Realms).
It's actually in open Alpha, and already excellent.

Fafa_power

Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:12 pm

Ps : EPIC also have a majot asset compared to all those Card games in the list : it features both realtime and asynchronous play.

MrGohl

Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:55 pm

I've played every game on this list with the exception of YuGiOh Duel Generation. My current favorite (after absolutely exhausting everything that can be done in Hearthstone) is The Elder Scrolls Legends. The split lane and prophecy mechanics are a welcome addition to the base game that Hearthstone laid down. And the thing that I personally enjoy about CCGS (building a competitive collection from scratch as free-to-play player) is made easy in Elder Scrolls because of the generous reward system. You can grind the AI for dust, or solo arena for good rewards. Its fun and easy to build a very competitve deck.

I recently began playing Eternal, the love-child between Magic and Hearthstone. It is also very generous with rewards, and the dated resource system (lands in your deck) has not bugged me as much as I first thought it would. It has been fun to build my collection in this game as well, although I prefer the game play of Elder Scrolls Legends.

I'm looking forward to Artifact, the CCG from Valve. Thanks for the heads up on Epic, I'll check that out today!

EICJoe

Re:

Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:36 pm

To me the best CCG (which names himself a CCG but doesn't have any card to collect/trade) is - by far - EPIC Digital by White Wizard Games (makers of Star Realms).
It's actually in open Alpha, and already excellent.
I'd forgotten about EPIC - to be honest, if it's as good as Star Realms we'll probably rotate it into our other card game list. It might list itself as a CCG but It doesn't need to muck in with this lot.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Cgareth

Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:21 pm

I think the new iteration of Solforge is worth a look too - Reforged I think it's called, pulled from the ashes by indy developers and kept going by a relatively small band of players. It'd appreciate the publicity too!

EICJoe

Re:

Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:31 am

I think the new iteration of Solforge is worth a look too - Reforged I think it's called, pulled from the ashes by indy developers and kept going by a relatively small band of players. It'd appreciate the publicity too!
Thanks for the heads up! I'll put it on the list for consideration when we do the refresh.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Tigana

Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:32 am

I had played Solforge since it was in beta, so happy to see that there is a new iteration. Downloaded it straightaway!

acedout

Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:28 pm

Nice compilation and interesting comments. I'm surprised that Faeria didn't get a mention though. I was hooked for months, doing fairly well and then decided to get out more!

EICJoe

Re:

Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:37 am

Nice compilation and interesting comments. I'm surprised that Faeria didn't get a mention though. I was hooked for months, doing fairly well and then decided to get out more!
I would have featured it on the list, but they dropped mobile support earlier in the year. No point having it on a PT list if the mobile versions aren't really up to scratch.
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”