admin
Site Admin

Review: Battle for Korsun

Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:27 pm

Battle for Korsun is a turn-based 'lite' strategy wargame set during the Eastern Front of World War 2.

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/ba ... orsun-ios/

EICJoe

Re: <t>Review: Battle for Korsun</t>

Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:36 pm

In the past, when there was a game we'd review that had relevance across multiple sites, we'd simply cross-post the article in both places.

Turns out that's not a good thing for discoverability, as Google basically assumes one site has out-right copied the other, and so starts penalising.

Ideally, we'd do our own review for Korsun at some point but in the mean time I'm left with a choice:

* Basically do what I've just done here, so that you guys have something to read on a game you might potentially be interested in.

* Don't do anything at all. I feel it's wasted opportunity though.

Admittedly, I could just do a news post - there's a deliberate choice to fill out the reviews library here, but I'd like to think it's a small price to pay.

I'd be interested in knowing what readers think about this.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Wasp

Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:51 pm

What you have done seems the most practical way forward. I read all 3 sites though, so had picked up on this anyway..

zot23

Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:44 pm

It might be nice to post a short summary of the review, like one paragraph in length. Things I'd be looking for:

* What kind of game is it (turn based, RPG, hexes?)
* Is it a good one
* Price / System
* Is it worth it for fans of the genre

G Mahler

Re: <t>Review: Battle for Korsun</t>

Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:46 am

I wish they would increase the font size on the battle results window. So damn miniscule with so much wasted/empty space.

raindog308

Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:56 pm

So there's only two reviews on the app store and they're both 1-star complaints about constant crashing...

On a separate point, I am bored to death with the idea of fighting the Eastern front, invading Poland, invading France, etc. WWII. Got it. Have done it for 30 years. Let's fight something else. Lord knows, there are tons of interesting wars out there, plus of course all the speculative possibilities. NATO vs. Warsaw Pact 1985 would be a lot more interesting than fighting Stalingrad for the millionth time...

EICJoe

Re:

Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:11 am

So there's only two reviews on the app store and they're both 1-star complaints about constant crashing...

On a separate point, I am bored to death with the idea of fighting the Eastern front, invading Poland, invading France, etc. WWII. Got it. Have done it for 30 years. Let's fight something else. Lord knows, there are tons of interesting wars out there, plus of course all the speculative possibilities. NATO vs. Warsaw Pact 1985 would be a lot more interesting than fighting Stalingrad for the millionth time...
Yeah, I've had trouble getting the mobile version of this review done because my guy had trouble just playing it. It's a shame because it's the same person who did Invaders from Dimension X!, which is a good deal more stable.

But yes - the crowd over on Wargamer are saying the same thing atm - Eastern Front is a bit overdone now.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”