admin
Site Admin

Opinion: What will Artifact on mobile look like? If it's anything like PC, it'll have a fight on its hands

Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:00 am

Valve Corporation has a long history of developing popular and successful video games, although lately they’ve been relying on the veritable money-printing machine that is Steam.

http://www.pockettactics.com/articles/a ... etisation/

Mirefox

Re: <t>Opinion: What will Artifact on mobile look like? If it's anything like PC, it'll have a fight on its hands</t>

Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:07 pm

One of the hardest tabletop genres to be successful in is CCGs. Just look at all the dead CCGs being sold for pennies at every convention; if you aren't Magic, Pokemon, or Yugioh, you're likelihood of success approaches zero.

Even though Artifact is digital, because of its pricing I see it more as a title competing with the aforementioned successful tabletop games. This isn't a pick-up-and play game, and, honestly, this isn't a game that is looking to appeal to a wide, casual audience. This game, whether purposefully or not, it targeted at CCG players.

As for mobile, this game will have to be exceptional to compete with heavy-hitters like Hearthstone, Elder Scrolls, Eternal, and, eventually, Magic Arena.

The likelihood of success isn't high, I think.

LordGek

Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:53 pm

The gameplay might be great, but I'll happily boycott them just on the arrogance of charging a premeium price for a pay to play freemium game.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”