admin
Site Admin

Star Traders Frontiers Upcoming Update Changes Everything

Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:49 pm

It’s no secret, we’re big fans of Star Traders: Frontiers here at Pocket Tactics. The open-world sci-fi RPG does a lot of things right, from its free-form character customisation, to...

http://www.pockettactics.com/articles/s ... rs-update/

Erroll

Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:41 pm

This is my favorite game that I never play. A combination of "can't quite remember what I was doing last" and "analysis paralysis" when I do always has me almost picking it up again but not quite.
Ok so I have to change that.. there are some good tutorials and guides now and I finally hit critical mass with this game.. now I can't stop playing..
Last edited by Erroll on Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Discostallion

Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:06 am

Wow, just wow. Reasonable people may disagree on whether or not ST: F is the best RPG around, but no one can argue against it being the best value around. This is due largely to the quantity & quality of Andrew & Cory???s updates. For less than ten bucks you get months of fun, then by the time those months have passed TB has added dozens of new wrinkles to play with, and now this. This is a huge update even by their standards. For someone like me, that hasn???t opened the game in a bit, it???s going to be like getting a whole new game for free. The App Store lag might actually be a mixed blessing since it will give me a couple days to use Discord & the Wiki to catch up on the meta ???game so deep the player has to swim out??? ;D

BrokenSpectre

Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:39 pm

I can???t figure out how to get into this game in the first place. I start it, quickly realize I have no idea what I???m doing and shut it down, only to repeat the cycle a few weeks later. Is there a YouTube video or something I should watch?

EICJoe

Re:

Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:20 am

I can???t figure out how to get into this game in the first place. I start it, quickly realize I have no idea what I???m doing and shut it down, only to repeat the cycle a few weeks later. Is there a YouTube video or something I should watch?
Tutorialisation is probably the game's weakest element, but there is documentation available on the official wiki. Haven't looked at YouTube myself yet as I tend to not watch vids in general.

If you're able to figure out the controls (which on mobile is essentially just a one-touch interface), you're given an initial quest to start with that will guide you through a lot of the basic concepts. There's some basic info from your crew that you get given as well.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Discostallion

Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:21 pm

Mint Dragon has a YouTube channel that concentrates on Star traders. The game is kind of boring to watch others play though, lol. Still, might help you get on your feet. As Joe said the wiki is full of info, including some guides. There are also guides on Steam. The wiki has a link to join the TB discord server. The STF community on there is super helpful and fun. I would also suggest just throwing yourself into it on one of the more forgiving difficulty settings and let role playing fun steer you through the decisions. It???s a game that???s meant to played through many times so nothing is lost by having a couple shorter runs to learn the ropes. Good luck!

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”