admin
Site Admin

Stage Two is complete: Welcome to Pocket Tactics 3.0

Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:00 pm

Inhale deeply through your nose. Yep, that's new site smell. Mt. Hexmap is reeking of it. It's been over a year since Owen started this journey, and it feels really good...

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/stage ... ctics-3-0/

iBaLkiD

Re: Stage Two is complete: Welcome to Pocket Tactics 3.0

Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:49 pm

Chommie here!

This is a drastic change! Is my old account and all the history associated with it gone? Im not sure how i feel about this dual site. Its a tad cumbersome. I will definitely give it a go but i seem to be stuck using my old wargame account and i cant change my account name.

So can you confirm that,

We lost all our info from our previous accounts, if thats not the case how can we restore those accounts? (i think i remember reading the accounts wont transfer.)

Hope we dont lose the awesome community that was Pockettactics. So many great posters. Tis a shame. :(

EDIT**
The second you leave a Pockettactics page, you cant seem to navigate back. Your in Wargamer world. The wargamer home page needs a way to quickly navigate back to Pockettactics. Unless i just cant find it. But the fact that i cant find it is an example of how horrible Wargamers web rationalizations and user experiences are.

iBaLkiD

Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:59 pm

Cant edit my previous post! sorry for multiple post's!

How does one navigate back to pockettactics from the Board index page? Home takes you to wargamer. Also i keep getting logged out by the system.

I hate the wargamer site and even though its chockful of the types of things i like ive made it a point to avoid it like the plague. I have this ancient account from eons ago.

Neumannium

Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:13 pm

I recognized you from you avatar, which still creeps me out!

You will need a separate login for the new forums/comments, as we're no longer using Vanilla and they couldn't transfer those over. Your login should work on both Wargamer and Pocket Tactics new sites, however.

We'll keep the old forums up forever (I've been told), so it will kind of suck to have to go between the two different forums. Maybe if the forum tab on the front page had an entry for the new forums and old? At least then you could still get to the old forums easily from the front page.

As for getting back to PT from the forums, yeah, that's a problem. I'm working on it. I'm hoping to have a way to easily shoot between the sites.

Thanks for sticking around!

Dave

whovian223

Autopost

Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:28 pm

A link to the old forums would be great.

Right now, I don't think there's any way to get there, is there? The only link is for the old Wargamer forum.

Sjeng

Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:55 pm

Yep, a way back from the (wargamer) forum to pocket tactics is what I want too.

biffpow

Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:57 pm

If I could thumbs-up @whovian's post, I would, but since I can't, I hereby add my post to the line of people waiting to get back to the old forum, where the threads are paved with gold and wine runs like rivers through the message boards.

Neumannium

Autopost

Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:05 pm

The link is in the post. I'd cut and paste it, but I'm stuck on my phone...

Does this work? http://pockettactics.vanillaforums.com

Neumannium

Autopost

Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:07 pm

And we're working on adding link from the forums back here, as well as a way to navigate easily between the two sites.

biffpow

Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:07 pm

Yes, that works! You are genius : )

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”