Bronxsta

Re: Stage Two is complete: Welcome to Pocket Tactics 3.0

Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:06 am

New format looks great, guys. Looking forward to this new era of PT

Univac

Autopost

Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:40 am

Glottis here. Changed my name to more closely match my game handle. I'm not sold on the new format but I'll wait to see if it grows on me.

Alex Connolly

Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:21 am

Thanks for rolling over, folks. Keep the feedback coming.

SpiceTheCat

They changed it and now it's worse.

Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:24 am

Well, that's different.

In any big change, there are always going to be resistant grumpy old men who remember the good old days. Looks like one of them is going to be me.

The whole site lacks the cleanliness of design and crispness of PT2.0. It's a great shame that all the forum content and user information has been ditched, for a much less capable and notably uglier system. Not even migrating logins was a bit rubbish. The front page grid-of-headlines layout works for Polygon, say, but is fairly horrific here. I guess you're sticking with it, but please consider putting in a few preview lines of the article text.

I know content and community is what really matters, but a little bit of presentation goes a long way. :(
the Starveling Cat! the Starveling Cat! look what it did! to your nice new hat!

skoptic

Autopost

Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:08 am

Like the new look, much easier to digest a lot of info (different articles). Well done for RSS and forum integration. A bit of preview text may be nice, but I prefer this layout than previous.

I positively embrace change :)

Dusteki

Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:16 am

Your previous site engine made leaving comments on IOS via Chrome literally impossible which was ironic for a site dedicated to mobile gaming.

Neumannium

Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:11 pm

Thanks for your comments, everyone.

We've added a link from the forums back to whichever page took you to the forums now, so if you get there through PT, there should be a link to get back to the PT front page at the top.

Liking comments! Ugh, totally slipped my mind. Not sure if possible, but I will definitely see what we can do to get it back. I'm not sure we can have all the options we had with the old system (WTF, Awesome, etc), but I'll definitely try to at least get a thumbs up. I'll let you know what I find.

Falkenstein

Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:16 pm

I made the jump over to the new forums, I was a fan of the "Recent Discussions" option in VanillaForums, will endeavor to make the adjustment to the new system.

Neo42

Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:20 pm

Thank you for finally making something iPhone friendly!! I could never post or even sign in before on your old system.

Wasp

Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:20 pm

I can now post comments with a mobile iPad instead of having to use a home computer. It's like stepping into the future.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”