whovian223

Re: Stage Two is complete: Welcome to Pocket Tactics 3.0

Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:48 pm

Another nice thing for the forums would be the ability to click on a subject and go to the first unread post.

Right now, unless I'm missing something, you have to either do the "recent posts" thing or if you surf by subject, you have to figure out where the first one is.

Not too hard when there are only 10 posts or so, but once it gets busier, it will start to get annoying.

Igormetall

Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:57 pm

Thanks @rinelk for the heads up on the new posts tab... I didn't see your earlier post!

Reading Comprehension™ - A valuable asset!

Neumannium

Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:57 pm

some preview text would definitely be helpful!
I tried to add preview text to each article today so that you can read the first paragraph before having to make the jump.

I hope that's a little better...

Neumannium

Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:00 pm

Keep the forum suggestions coming! The devs are watching this thread and will be doing their darndest to incorporate what they can.

Reject

Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:54 pm

Here's some feedback. Ditching the forums for us longtime PT users and making us use an already existing forum means I've lost my handle to some prick who isn't fit to wear my name. I wonder if you can guess what I think about this?

Mirefox

Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:31 am

I just working on getting the hang of this system.

Does every comment really need to be read and approved? Someone is going to be kept busy.

rinelk

Re:

Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:01 am

Here's some feedback. Ditching the forums for us longtime PT users and making us use an already existing forum means I've lost my handle to some prick who isn't fit to wear my name. I wonder if you can guess what I think about this?
I'm going to indulge my sometimes staggeringly optimistic naïveté: have you explained the situation to the user and politely requested that s/he either turn the account over to you or delete it so you can replace it with a new account? If you want, you can throw in my voice on their home answering machine as a bonus.

That probably works better in radio.

rinelk

Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:29 am

Hang on--it's just occurred to me that you mean a user has existed on the Wargamer forums for some time, and is probably as attached to the name as you. Curses!

rinelk

Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:36 am

Does every comment really need to be read and approved? Someone is going to be kept busy.
Yeah, that was apparently a slight miscommunication, which we're working on. There was a problem with spam showing up instantly upon the board's creation, so we asked to have the first post or two from each user require approval. We expect to get there soon.

Hang on--that post didn't require approval. Perhaps we're there already!

NiihamaGhosts

Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:52 pm

Reporting for duty! Looks good.

Ditto to requests for a "recent discussions" or "unread posts" function.

Onward!

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”