admin
Site Admin

Digital version of sci-fi card game Core Worlds is locked and loaded

Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:56 pm

[caption id="attachment_33780" align="aligncenter" width="600"] 2016 is shaping up as a great year for digital board games.[/caption] The Kickstarter for a digital version of Core Worlds wrapped up way back in...

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/digit ... nd-loaded/

Mirefox

Re: Digital version of sci-fi card game Core Worlds is locked and loaded

Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:51 pm

This released last night, I believe.

Js619

Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:55 pm

I got an email from them with a download code, which overwrote my beta version (I backed the KS). I have yet to fire up the full version, but if the multiplayer is working I'm up for a game.

geigerm

Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:04 pm

I just got it, because, as Dave posted on BGG, the game is inexplicably selling for $1 right now. (EDIT: However, judging by the comments on that BGG thread, that price may have already changed by the time you read this post.)

No multiplayer at the moment (even though the app tells you it's there when you first open it), and apparently no tutorial, either. Perhaps $1 is a bit much for what we're getting.

JammaTal

Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:40 am

the devs told in the BGG thread that they had to drop the price to buy gift codes for sending to backers. when done the price was set back to "reality".
regarding device compatibility they kind of promised an update fixing it down to ipad 3.
but as they have already broken some promises for their backers, i would be cautious about that.
and no announcement on when online MP might be coming :?

currymutton2016

Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:40 am

The game in current state is largely broken.

Not only the Multiplayer button is disabled, so is the Options button! (duh!)

There is not interactively tutorial, not at least a video one! There is a help text which is very confusing to read if you are new, and it is only available when you start a game so some game options (especially the Sector 0 Draft) is totally unexplained.

But if you are brave enough to wet your toes, it is actually not that hard to figure out how the game works. And going back to re-read the help text again "helps"... :roll:

But the AI is very bad since as a noob, I can win 3 games straight...

Disappointed. I ask for a refund. :evil:

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”