HumbleSloth

Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:42 am

Usually an explorer takes 10-12 moves, but sometimes it stops much earlier. Does anyone know how it works exactly? Does it stop if it randomly chooses to move onto water or mountains or something?

doublebullout

Re: Review: Super Tribes

Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:05 pm

I loved this game so much I had to delete it. An incredibly awesome and fun, but alarmingly effective, time waster. :shock:

doublebullout

Re:

Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:07 pm

Usually an explorer takes 10-12 moves, but sometimes it stops much earlier. Does anyone know how it works exactly? Does it stop if it randomly chooses to move onto water or mountains or something?
It looks like the algorithm is completely random, both in number of spaces and direction.

pixelgeek

Re:

Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:39 pm

From what I have seen it stops based on two things. If it hits sea and you don't have sailing, if it hits a mountain and you don't have climbing. Oddly if you have Sailing but not navigation then it still goes over deep water
Pocket Tactics staff writer and Forum Moderator.

CTD

Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:13 am

Oh, this is a good catch. Certainly worth several runs through to discover how things work.

Wulf_der_Sturm

Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:36 am

Super Tribes has a bit of game to it. Hope the devs continue to add new content/factions!
Last edited by Wulf_der_Sturm on Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

iBaLkiD

Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:06 pm

Super Tribe's got a bit of game to it. Hope the devs continue to add new content/factions!
Me too. I do love how fast and digest-able play sessions are but i would love it even more if the game was fleshed out some. Or at least MP.

Its a strange bird. There is a lot i wish the game would do that it doesn't, but i find myself playing it regardless. I feel like its awkwardly stuck in between puzzler and light strategy sim.

This one is worth keeping an eye on!

Neo42

Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:17 pm

I also bought the 5th faction just to support the devs. I got hooked on this for a week and went for a couple of my own goals. Such as finishing the science tree or competing the map.

Beating the game on the second difficulty.

The online high scores only frustrate me and almost seem like people hacked their scores in. Truly my biggest complaint.

I would love to have a 50+ turn longer mode with more tech tree to explore. One of my favorite civilization revolution tactics is to invade the weaker tech lands with rifles while they are still slinging arrows. Or using tanks against horses. It would be great if we could go further in our tech in this game too.

And some other modes or scenarios would be welcome too. Like "beat this mode via attrition only and unlimited turns".

Js619

Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:08 pm

I'm really digging this one too, and firmly in the camp of wanting a longer game. Where are my tiny pixelated nukes!?!

pixelgeek

Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:09 pm

Super Tribe's got a bit of game to it. Hope the devs continue to add new content/factions!
I have been told that there are two new factions coming in a future update.
Pocket Tactics staff writer and Forum Moderator.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”