pixelgeek

Re: Super Tribes updating this week, adding more super

Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:46 pm

I'm still completely baffled by these high scores. I think my personal best is around 24,000. How in the world does someone get over 130,000?
There has to be some glitch or cheat involved. The math just doesn't work out otherwise.
Its why I never like online scoreboards. They are almost all filled with people that are clearly hacking their scores.
Pocket Tactics staff writer and Forum Moderator.

doublebullout

Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:43 pm

Saw two tips repeated online pretty frequently:
  • Always start with Oumaji because you can start off with Rider units immediately. This lets you explore faster.
  • Keep each city's population maxed out. It doesn't cost any resources to feed them, and the city's score will be higher as a result.
I don't trust myself to test these out. I have work to do today. :(

Another suggestion: what if we start a Super Tribes scoreboard thread in The Tourney Dome? Post a screenshot of your final score page. That way we can compete against each other for high score.

easydoesit

Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:07 pm

I've been saving my scores on my phone by doing a screenshot (hold sleep key at side then press home key).

My best score is 40,212 which was Oumaji, 1 opponent, crazy difficulty.

I had a map with a lot of land and was able to build cities covering nearly every space and didn't meet the opponent until late on (on smaller island than mine). I built quite a few temples and also spammed military units in the later turns. Score breakdown:

Science - 4300
Army & Territory - 4390
Cities - 6500
Monuments & temples - 7150
Difficulty bonus - 17872

Not sure if I'll ever do as well again, totally agree that I can't see how 100k + scores are legitimately possible.

geigerm

Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:44 pm

Another suggestion: what if we start a Super Tribes scoreboard thread in The Tourney Dome? Post a screenshot of your final score page. That way we can compete against each other for high score.
Great idea: you can find the thread at this link.

PhilippeG

Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:00 pm

I've noticed weird things sometimes when I switch to another app in the middle of a turn then come back :
  • the score is suddenly lower, then goes back to normal as soon as you do something that increases it. The score seems to be correct though ;
  • at least once, when I switch back to the game everything was back to its state when I left, except my units were back to the place they were at the beginning of the turn, and I think I as able to move them again. I didn't check the units' health but there may be a glitch here that makes it possible to use units several times in the same turn.
I'll investigate a bit if I can find some time.

JuggernautRide

Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:15 am

I have been seeing those same bugs, only since latest update. My top score is also going buggy sometimes.

It seems obvious that the scores over 100k are hacks, but what does everyone think is the cutoff for "real" top score? I'm thinking scores in the 60-75k range are achievable.

Snotty128

Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:07 am

Looks like this game is getting some traction. I was going to post in the scoreboard thread, but I will post here instead. Perhaps there is room for a strategy thread down the way. You know youve made it when you need multiple threads to contain you game!

I played a couple of quick rounds with the luxidoor tribe, but I didnt rate them. Despite having a level 2 city they seem specially slow to get going. Bardur, Imperiusus or kickoo can have a city that produces 4* at the end of turn 1. Any tips for what makes this tribe interesting?

JuggernautRide

Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:33 am

Luxidoor just looks weak to me. I have not purchased them because they sound underpowered and uninteresting, although the elephants look cool.

I want to support the devs, the game is really great. I think 2-4 player async multiplayer support would really push this game into all-star category. I would gladly pay for that, and I have friends who I introduced to it that would be hooked for the long run if they add multiplayer.

LordGek

Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:48 pm

Is anyone getting oddness in this last update with their latest score always being treated as their top score?

Js619

Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:08 pm

Is anyone getting oddness in this last update with their latest score always being treated as their top score?
Yup... wasn't sure at first, but I'm now paying attention and it's doing that for me as well.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”