admin
Site Admin

Lanterns: The Harvest Festival and other board games from Renegade Game Studios coming to mobile

Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:41 pm

I recently played my first game from Renegade Game Studios, their timed dice-roller, Fuse. It was a big hit, especially with the kids, and it helped that Renegade has published...

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/lante ... to-mobile/

biffpow

Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:04 pm

We've been playing Lanterns periodically for the past few months on game nights, and it's really a good game. We received it as a gift, and I thought it would be sort of light as well on first glance, but there's actually a good bit of strategic depth to it. Each play you're trying to help yourself while blocking others, and the level of randomization is limited to the tile draws. You have a hand of tiles to play from, so you strategize from there, based on the growing board. I can see it being a natural fit for mobile.

OBollocks

Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:00 am

Fuse is a really good game, excellent hectic fun, and the designer, Kane Klenko, isn't actually an Eastern European comic book bad guy. He's designed some other good games, including Dead Men Tell No Tales (co-op pirate ghost ship robbing complete with fighting skeleton crew) and Mad City. He really likes using time limits as a mechanic, either real time or turns, and I'm so excited for his upcoming game, Covert (splooge warning: https://boardgamegeek.com/image/2744644 ... size=large), that I might need to take half a Valium.

Snotty128

Re: Lanterns: The Harvest Festival and other board games from Renegade Game Studios coming to mobile

Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:31 am

Thats a great link OB. There was a thread at the old place about naff cover art, well this cover certainly wouldn't belong there. If the games half as deep as the art then they are onto a winner

biffpow

Re: Lanterns: The Harvest Festival and other board games from Renegade Game Studios coming to mobile

Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:11 pm

The Covert art looks amazing, OB, and the game looks pretty interesting and unusual too. Thanks for the tip on that.

KYakerDude

Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:08 pm

What do people think about Lanterns? It looks like a good game and from what I hear, the app works well also and it has MP. Will there be a PT review?

Js619

Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:52 pm

What do people think about Lanterns? It looks like a good game and from what I hear, the app works well also and it has MP. Will there be a PT review?
The app is very slick - I can't see a reason to ever buy or play the cardboard. Async multiplayer with banner notifications, just no little red bubble telling you there's a turn - that's my main quibble. Minor annoyance too in that it adds several digits after your username, which complicates adding friends initially - I'm JS619+8229, for whatever reason.

I've got a steady game going with @whovian223 as well as two others, and I'm really enjoying it. Simple play but some good underlying strategy.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”