admin
Site Admin

Review: The Game - Play...as long as you can!

Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:39 pm

“The Game” is the title of this game. For App Store purposes, it's “The Game - Play … as long as you can!”, but it's really just “The Game”.

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/re ... s-you-can/

Neo42

Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:10 pm

Everything I hear about this game makes me cringe.

No way they are ever getting money from me. If they had bothered to name it something then maybe I would have tried the iOS version. But because of the name I am convinced it's only meant to cater to people who don't know anything about card games.

I'd rather buy shut the box or something because at least that's a fun name. Similar concept too but that one isn't co-op.

Neumannium

Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:35 pm

But because of the name I am convinced it's only meant to cater to people who don't know anything about card games.
The Game was nominated for the Spiel des Jahres last year, a rather prestigious award voted on by people who play a lot of card games.
I'd rather buy shut the box or something because at least that's a fun name. Similar concept too but that one isn't co-op.
Gameplay-wise they're actually not very similar, and shut-the-box has a coop mode. It's called solitaire play (kind of like the iOS version of The Game).

acedout

Re: Review: The Game - Play...as long as you can!

Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:05 am

Personally, I love it! A good solitaire game.

anto

Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:25 am

Decent game, hope they can fix the 'not asking for confirmation when tapping the big X' and also implement a save game feature.

And Android users can also enjoy the game now that is released on Google Play

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ne.thegame

halfvoid

Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:34 am

I picked it up on Android. The dev's have mentioned on their FB page that adding a confirm to the X button and mid game saves should be coming in the next update. Also Google Play Games integration similar to the Gamecenter integration on iOS should be coming soon as well.

Js619

Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:22 pm

I'm digging this one... somewhat. It's a nice diversion from Threes when I just have a few minutes to kill on my phone. It needs a score tracker of some sort for the regular games, though. Best I've done is 12 cards left on easy mode, and no idea in the others.

halfvoid

Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:07 pm

I'm digging this one... somewhat. It's a nice diversion from Threes when I just have a few minutes to kill on my phone. It needs a score tracker of some sort for the regular games, though. Best I've done is 12 cards left on easy mode, and no idea in the others.
I don't think there was any sort of score in the physical version aside from WOO, I FINALLY USED EVERY CARD, I've got it sitting on a shelf somewhere. The scoring was implemented for The Game: Lift Up mode which was made for the digital version.

Js619

Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:12 pm

I don't think there was any sort of score in the physical version aside from WOO, I FINALLY USED EVERY CARD, I've got it sitting on a shelf somewhere. The scoring was implemented for The Game: Lift Up mode which was made for the digital version.
Not score per se, but just something to keep track of how many cards I had left when things finished.

OutlineDev

Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:10 pm

Hi,

we published an update for "The Game" [iOS] yesterday:

- New undo functionality: Just move the last played card again!
- Added an option to continue the current game at any time
- Fixed two typos in the instructions
- Fixed empty lines in the leaderboard
- Additional bugfixes and optimizations

Hope the update for Android will go online today.

Kind Regards,
Tobias Mueller
Outline Development

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”