riotgirl

Re: Fallen London arrives on iOS

Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:19 am

Snap! My will-power crumbled and I am very glad it did. FL is a haunting, evocative story-telling title that slowly reveals its secrets through layer upon layer of whispers and intrigue through beautifully told vignettes.

I too am focusing on Perusuasion and Shadowy, as I slowly pursue my Little-Finger (albeit, female - ingame character, that is) ambition 'The Climb' via courting popular public opinion through vaudeville shows, penning verses on the appeal of mushrooms, the occasional temperance verse, and becoming a player in 'The Great Game'.

Unlike Little-Finger, I have no small amount of affection for FL's street urchin gangs and cats.

I've reached a short-term goal of renting lodgings, which has opened up the game to player interaction and more story-lines. I'm currently working on a couple of seductions - Artist's model and my real target an Heiress - as I begin my 'climb' and wondering how much trouble I'm storing up for myself as I start to become 'noticed' by The Duchess.

Small-bites of vignettes. Love every mouthful thus far in.

P.s. Ingame name 'Riotgirl' if anyone would like to perform some shared stories. GC friend request '[riotgirl]'.

Cheers!

Js619

Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:16 pm

Snap! My will-power crumbled and I am very glad it did. FL is a haunting, evocative story-telling title that slowly reveals its secrets through layer upon layer of whispers and intrigue through beautifully told vignettes.

I too am focusing on Perusuasion and Shadowy, as I slowly pursue my Little-Finger (albeit, female - ingame character, that is) ambition 'The Climb' via courting popular public opinion through vaudeville shows, penning verses on the appeal of mushrooms, the occasional temperance verse, and becoming a player in 'The Great Game'.

Unlike Little-Finger, I have no small amount of affection for FL's street urchin gangs and cats.

I've reached a short-term goal of renting lodgings, which has opened up the game to player interaction and more story-lines. I'm currently working on a couple of seductions - Artist's model and my real target an Heiress - as I begin my 'climb' and wondering how much trouble I'm storing up for myself as I start to become 'noticed' by The Duchess.

Small-bites of vignettes. Love every mouthful thus far in.

P.s. Ingame name 'Riotgirl' if anyone would like to perform some shared stories. GC friend request '[riotgirl]'.

Cheers!
Great post - loved it. I've also completely fallen down the rabbit hole with this one, and can see it living on my iDevices for quite some time. The browser version didn't have the same pull - I guess the snippets lend themselves to mobile better?

I'm concentrating on Dangerous and Shadowy, with a hint of watchful. Mostly it's just dangerous now - what I lack in subtlety I make up for with a big club, apparently.

I'm js619 on there as well...

halfvoid

Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:47 pm

Sent you both contact invites. I'm halfvoid on there.

riotgirl

Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:38 pm

Both of you are now in my contacts list. Thanks!

I am somewhat indisposed to accept JS619's most recent invitation. A jaunt to the Carnival took a turn for the worse when I delved a little too deeply behind the veil and have descended into madness.

My feverish thoughts and dreams are slowly receding, and I hope to back to the normalcy of Fallen London soon.

currymutton2016

Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:41 am

For a player not thinking about paying, my question would be: is it worth spending time on this?

Snotty128

Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:35 am

This game is growing on me. I had a lot of trouble early on with excessive asset loading, or even losing my entire progress. Im glad you lot insisted the game was worth pursuing because otherwise I would have deleted it. I hope the devs can make a smoother experience for new players because otherwise they are going to lose them.

Js619

Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:47 am

For a player not thinking about paying, my question would be: is it worth spending time on this?
I think so. There are certain story lines that are only accessible if you pay Fate, their version of currency. I haven't noticed any lack of progress from not buying them - it seems that the stories Fate accesses progress your character along a little faster. A monthly subscription also doubles your actions, if so desired.

While sometimes I wish I could do more, the action limitation is perfect in this instance - I can play for ten minutes or so, then I'm forced to put it down and go back to work / kids / life. The actions refill relatively quickly, too.

halfvoid

Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:56 am

@riotgirl for some reason I can't accept your invite to investigate someone. no matter what location i'm at it always says i'm in the wrong place when i tap accept.

Js619

Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:07 pm

As an aside, their customer service is fantastic. Quick replies to support email and a quick resolution, as well. I've also become an Exceptional Friend, at least for the time being... what's $6.99 between friends. I'm not certain of the special storyline yet, but the double actions is certainly nice.

geigerm

Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:10 pm

I'm about to send contact invites to everyone listed here--I'm geigerm in-game as well. The whole thing's slowly getting more interesting to me, but it'd be good to have some contacts other than the one random I've found.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”