Sjeng

Re: Pathfinder Adventure Card Game finally arrives on the App Store

Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:36 am

Only a quick look and a tiny bit done of the tutorial, but it plays on my phone (Samsung s6)

halfvoid

Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:37 am

Yeah, plays perfect on my LG G3 as well, but it's a massive phone. Looks like they didn't device lock it on Google Play to only tablets.

Ferret96

Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:40 am

Just downloaded on my Note 5 and it works well. Text is a tad small, but still very playable. My kindergartner frequently is using my iPad to play games, so I'd rather have this on my phone.

Pricing is fine, I have the physical version of this game with the first adventure pack that my friends and I are playing through, but $25 is a steal for the whole shebang considering that each physical adventure pack costs like $30.

Js619

Re: Re:

Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:12 pm

Yay! It's here, and it definitely feels like Pathfinder Adventures!

I went through the first tutorial scenario. The UI seems to be laid out fairly well, though I'm not sure how confusing it will be to someone who's never played the physical game before. It seemed like they skimmed some parts pretty lightly and didn't explain some of the core concepts very well. Hopefully newcomers will be able to figure things out without too much fuss!
I played through the tutorial, and I don't really know what was going on, or have much of a sense of how to approach the next mission... I'm thinking I'll just have to read the rulebook.
I'm fully in the same boat... never having played the physical version, I'm utterly confused by the tutorial. It was almost a case of too much information (stuff I didn't need to know right away) versus not enough information... I'm thinking a rule book read will make it clearer.

Mysterio

Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:23 pm

If you've never played the physical version, you absolutely must read the Rules section.

Mirefox

Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:47 pm

As someone who has played the cardboard version extensively, I even had problems with the tutorial. It isn't so much that it doesn't explain things, it is that it tries to turn the tutorial into a "story" and a vast amount of information is presented in an awkward way. The game itself seems great so far is is quite polished, but I can see where someone new to the game might be slightly lost.

Mirefox

Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:58 pm

I'd also like to comment on the price. I will personally pay the $25 for the season pass because I know the game, love it, and am excited to have it on the go (though I am going to play for free for a bit just to see what gold acquisition is like and to see what, exactly, a free player is getting themselves in to).

The costs, though, do seem steep at first glance and while in-game currency is available, it looks like it will take a copious amount of grinding for a single unlock. I really hope the price is not prohibitive and a giant turn-off for players. I want this game to succeed and I want this game to be an example of cardboard-to-digital done right, so I hope it can capture, maintain, and build a player base.

iBaLkiD

Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:03 pm

E R M A G H E R D ! ! !

I feel ill all of a sudden... i think i need to go home and um, lay down! Thats right i need to go home and lay down! ;)

Saw an IAP purchase for the Runelords bundle. Not sure if that constitutes all of the physical content released for rise of the rule lords. Im still excited but wary in regards to the IAP moving forward. I do like that you earn gold while you play the game and could actually subsidize IAP with earned gold, or purchase with earned gold exclusively. Alleviates my fears some. We should make a dedicated thread in the mobile forums so we can share our experiences or GET SOME GAMES GOING!

Mysterio

Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:26 pm

Saw an IAP purchase for the Runelords bundle. Not sure if that constitutes all of the physical content released for rise of the rule lords.
It does, including the promo cards.
GET SOME GAMES GOING!
It currently supports only pass-and-play MP.

Mirefox

Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:47 pm

Just to put it in perspective, Pathfinder Adventures costs $25 for all the Season 1 content, which is essentially the entire Rise of the Runelords campaign plus the character add-ons. Without any particular sales, Sentinels of the Multiverse costs $30 for all of the Season 1 content. Whether or not this is too much is a personal opinion, but they are fairly consistent price-wise, the only difference being that Pathfinder has a whole slew of other purchase options including in-game currency, individual scenarios, and individual characters.

Edit: I guess I forgot that you can also buy individual expansions in Sentinels.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”