Mysterio

Re: Pathfinder Adventure Card Game finally arrives on the App Store

Sun May 01, 2016 11:42 pm

I might just go for it and start up a 6-character party.
I played with only two characters during the beta, but am thinking of diving in to the released version with six! Insane! :o

MetaKirby

Mon May 02, 2016 12:30 am

There are some annoying bugs that need to be ironed out (most notably I can't access quest mode, everything else is minor and bypassable) but generally it is really awesome.
Just in case you're not aware, supposedly Obsidian is aware of the Quest bug and has it fixed in the next update to go out. Hope it comes out soon!

Aside from the adventure packs, having all of the available characters unlocked adds a ton to the game. It plays very differently depending on your party makeup. Having a lot of run just running through the first adventure with parties of different comps and sizes.

CTD

Mon May 02, 2016 5:18 am

I'm curious what party sizes you all like to use? I've always run with 2 characters since my days of playing the tabletop game solo, but I might just go for it and start up a 6-character party.
After buying the bundle I increased my party size to 4. It took numerous attempts to beat the first scenario, mostly down to rookie errors. I had similar troubles with the next one, and increased to 5 but I think it made that scenario harder. After at least half a dozen fails I went back to 4 and was successful at last. With 5 there are too many locations to close and your luck is going to give out eventually. Disappointingly the card drops at end of the second mission were awful.

When do your characters actually get new or improved skills?

CTD

Mon May 02, 2016 5:20 am

Second question: if you beat a henchman and then fail in an attempt to close a location, is there a way to force another attempt to close it (other than fighting the villain there).

Mysterio

Mon May 02, 2016 10:46 am

Second question: if you beat a henchman and then fail in an attempt to close a location, is there a way to force another attempt to close it (other than fighting the villain there).
You have to encounter all remaining cards at the Location before you're allowed to close it, again. Remember, though, that the Villain may flee to that Location later as long as it's still open at the time you defeat or fail to defeat him. If he does, you may not need to encounter all of the cards before encountering him there.

currymutton2016

Mon May 02, 2016 1:11 pm

Question: what is the icon on the right to the "turns remaining" count?
The turns in this game are determined by a random deck of 30 blessing cards. That icon is showing you what blessing is showing. Some cards in the game reference the top card of the blessing deck.
Also, when you use the generic "Blessing of the Gods" it also acts as whatever the last discarded blessing which you can see by tapping that icon.

Also also, when you discard a blessing that matches the one discarded from the blessing deck, it will be recharged into your deck, instead of discarded.
Thanks, so I get 30 turns for each scenario and the icons give additional benefits.

currymutton2016

Mon May 02, 2016 1:13 pm

Another noob question: can I "level-up" my characters just like regular RPG?

Also, if I buy the full bundle (which happen sooner or later), is it worth to play the quest mode?

Pitta

Mon May 02, 2016 4:01 pm

Completing certain scenarios gives you the opportunity to 'level up' your characters (acquire new powers or extra + per dice).

iBaLkiD

Tue May 03, 2016 1:32 pm

Ive been playing a decent amount, sneaking in play session almost whenever i can. I have to say its quite glorious. Im horrible at it, and am just now realizing how much i must depend on the group aspect when i play the physical version as i died at least 15 times on the first mission. Played with permadeath so each new game was vanilla.

Hopefully its just going to get better and better!

timbur

Tue May 03, 2016 4:22 pm

If playing PermaDeath, don't forget you can forfeit your game if things are going badly for you. This is a good thing to do when playing normally as well, if you have a really bad first few turns. Just forfeit and restart the scenario. Forfeiting in the physical game is just your characters all choosing to not explore. Most locations allow this without any issue. Some locations might make you discard a card each turn you start there or fight a mob. Move from those before choosing forfeit.

Re PermaDeath, I am tempted to try it, but probably will with a new set of characters instead of using my current ones which are almost done with the Skinsaw Murders. That group has come very close to dying. In the latest scenario I played last night, Foul Misgivings (A2 S3), Valeros defeated the boss with only 1 card left in his deck (not counting the weapons he discarded which are recharged). Sajan had no cards left in his deck but played 2 blessings from his hand during Valeros' combat, so he would have died at the end of his next turn, had there been one. The only reason Valeros almost died was because a couple of turns before, he had faced an enemy that had a Wisdom attack. I thought it was one of those pre-combat skill checks because none of his weapons were available to be used. So I just accepted the failure and then saw his entire hand of 6 cards get discarded since I rolled bad and the target number was high. (This might have been Sajan this happened to; it was late and obviously I was tired hence the mistake due to inattention. I think it was Valeros since I think it was a D4 that was rolled.)

By the way, I am glad that I can finally on this new website post into forums properly from the iPad.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”