Fahrengeit

Re: Pathfinder Adventure Card Game finally arrives on the App Store

Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:57 pm

Game is great as expected, though experience not without flaws on iPad Air. Almost every action has a lag, game don't handle touches well - many times I've had to press some card/icon twice to make it work.
Also I noticed that Quest mode doesn't work at all, when I choose normal game app always freezes on loading and I don't know yet how to avoid it.
So I can say that it's very far from polished.

iBaLkiD

Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:12 pm

Saw an IAP purchase for the Runelords bundle. Not sure if that constitutes all of the physical content released for rise of the rule lords.
It does, including the promo cards.

Thanks!
GET SOME GAMES GOING!
It currently supports only pass-and-play MP.
NOOOOooooo! Thats okay its in the works at least? Thought i read that. Ive played quite a few games solo when my fellow boardgamers could not find the time and its still a good time. Going to give it a spin at lunch! Curse you work and bills and cost of living!

ImInnocent

Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:35 pm

I felt the price was not a problem for the IAP Season Pass since it would cost you way more to buy the physical version with the same content. Also this gives it in a easy digital format for travel and ease of picking up and playing then sitting it down without the mess of a physical version. Then you add the fact that some people who are cheap can still unlock things by grinding so I really cannot see the issue. :D

Shinigami

Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:41 pm

Yeah, plays perfect on my LG G3 as well, but it's a massive phone. Looks like they didn't device lock it on Google Play to only tablets.
Great news. Locking apps to tablet-only makes little sense these days.

halfvoid

Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:12 pm

I think I'll end up buying the season pass on my iPad, and see how far I can get unlocking stuff for free on my Android phone (since it almost always has a network connection, and I prefer my premium board game experiences on my iPad anyway.)

timbur

Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:17 pm

Very good app. I did just encounter a problem when finishing Poison Pill. I will try it again and hopefully the 3rd time will be the charm. (First time I failed.)
Regarding the price - $25 for all the Rise of the Runelords content is fine for me. I have all 3 PACG base sets and haven't played beyond the Burnt Offerings. It just takes too much time to get it all together and no consistent group to play with. (I bought the other sets because I intended to play them solo. I intended also to play Rise of the Runelords and Skulls and Shackles with the community-written campaign story, which many people recommend. No such story for Wrath of the Righteous.)

Here is the bug in Poison Pill I encountered:
With 2 locations remaining, I encountered the boss. I successfully temporarily closed the other location. Then I defeated the boss. I got the rewards you get when defeating any mob. But then the game continued, when it shouldn't have. In the last location, I had Meriselle down to just 1 card, and Kyra had given her a 6th card. When I encountered the Henchman trap, I recharged my burglar, but the recharge never fully went through, leaving me with a red X to back out on the left-hand side. Same thing if I tried to use the blessing she had. I exited the app, continued a couple of times, then forfeited the game. Fortunately it looks like you get to swap out the items and allies you accrued afterwards, even if you ran out of time.

timbur

Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:19 pm

Also - I intend to buy the RotR package for $25, but want to see what's it's like to play through the introductory bits with the starting 2 heroes they give you.

lopett3

Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:52 pm

Just to be sure.
We need to buy the in-app at 25$ to get everything, or can we buy it with in game gold ?

PS I know, that it will be a long process :)

CTD

Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:21 pm

Hmm. As someone who has never played, the tutorial is woefully short of the mark. No idea what I'm supposed to be doing, especially at the end of the scenario when some sort of crazy deck builder screen comes up. Completely unable to figure out what I'm supposed to do there. Filed under interesting but unlikely to be investigated in depth.

Neumannium

Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:40 pm

Just to be sure.
We need to buy the in-app at 25$ to get everything, or can we buy it with in game gold ?

PS I know, that it will be a long process
You can unlock everything with in-game gold, but it's going to take you quite a long time to get there. You get 100-200 for finishing a scenario based on its difficulty (and a scattering of gold when you kill a monster), but the unlocks are in the thousands of GPs.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”