admin
Site Admin

Sentinels of the Multiverse coming to a phone near you

Mon May 02, 2016 6:19 pm

Since its release in 2014, playing Sentinels of the Multiverse on your phone seemed about as likely as me squeezing into a pair of skinny jeans.

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/senti ... -near-you/

souldan

Re: Sentinels of the Multiverse coming to a phone near you

Mon May 02, 2016 6:37 pm

Good news, i bought this after reading about it on here, and kind of bounced off it.

I've been thinking about giving it another try as i'm enjoying pathfinder so much.

It moving to phones will give me more of an opportunity to give another chance.

LordGek

Tue May 03, 2016 12:03 am

I do enjoy SotM, but man, having now played dozens of games on my iPad, I rue the experience of trying to play the physical version ever again. Trying to keep every chain reaction straight when there are multiple redirects and each enemy applying a different damage type to only specific targets, it can get CRAZY keeping it all straight.

Mirefox

Tue May 03, 2016 12:17 am

Sentinels is one of those aberrations where on paper I should love the game and never want to play anything else but in practice I just cannot get in to it. I have the cardboard version and the iOS season pass. This is one that I've played exclusively solo so maybe if I actually had a social life or children that could read I'd like it more.

All that said, this is great news! My phone goes everywhere with me; my pad, not so much. Let's just say, hypothetically, I'm sitting in line for an hour waiting for prime seats at "Fantastic Beasts" or "Rogue One," it's nice to have the créme de la créme in my pocket. And that is an awkward sentence I never would have guessed I'd write...

Js619

Tue May 03, 2016 1:07 pm

Sentinels is one of those aberrations where on paper I should love the game and never want to play anything else but in practice I just cannot get in to it. I have the cardboard version and the iOS season pass. This is one that I've played exclusively solo so maybe if I actually had a social life or children that could read I'd like it more.

All that said, this is great news! My phone goes everywhere with me; my pad, not so much. Let's just say, hypothetically, I'm sitting in line for an hour waiting for prime seats at "Fantastic Beasts" or "Rogue One," it's nice to have the créme de la créme in my pocket. And that is an awkward sentence I never would have guessed I'd write...
Agreed on all points (except I don't own the cardboard version). I just never got into the iPad app - maybe there are too many other distractions on there? But my phone goes everywhere as well, so maybe in some downtime when the baby is napping on me...

geigerm

Tue May 03, 2016 2:10 pm

I was into this game for a while--enough to buy the season pass--but got bored before the last couple of expansions.

I think the game could really use a single-player campaign, as I don't think multiplayer really took off, and randomly (or purposefully) choosing configurations got stale. GTG obviously put a ton of time into fleshing out the characters for the cardboard version, so building a campaign that incorporates those backstories in the digital game makes so much sense that I can't believe it hasn't been done.

I get the feeling digital versions of cooperative games often play better as single-player games--when you're sitting around a table, communicating with your teammates is easy and fun, but in an async multiplayer setting, it seems like a drag.

Mirefox

Tue May 03, 2016 2:42 pm

This might seem like a minor gripe, but I also HATE the way the villain moves first and can really beat on you before you have a chance to do anything. I don't mind hard games or games where the odds seem greatly against you, but I like having a chance to mitigate any problems before the AI lowers the boom.

Now that I think about it, I might have to try a house rule sometime where I move first and see if that changes anything for me.

halfvoid

Tue May 03, 2016 3:12 pm

I kind of think of the "villain always acts first" state, as my group of heroes responding to the threat of a villain.

If they haven't done anything yet, why would the heroes be responding?

geigerm

Wed May 04, 2016 3:45 am

A quick follow-up on the "campaign" idea--there are plenty of DIY-ers out there who came up with their own, based on a quick Google search. Haven't taken the time to read through these too much, but maybe I'll try their ideas or develop my own, time permitting.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”