admin
Site Admin

Pathfinder Adventures receives first major update, Quest mode and more fixed

Sat May 07, 2016 5:51 pm

Around the halls of Mt. Hexmap there's only one game that's being played and that's Obsidian Entertainment's take on Paizo's RPG in card-form, Pathfinder Adventures.

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/pathf ... ore-fixed/

LordGek

Sat May 07, 2016 6:47 pm

Loving the fact that Quest Mode is now in full working order but am curious, are the monsters and location piles taken completely at random from all cards or is it still somehow scaled to your party's character levels?

Snarvid

Sat May 07, 2016 7:45 pm

My Quest Mode progress was erased when I shut the app. Only had level 8 characters, but still a sign that you may not want to invest in Quest Mode just yet. (I had a very large number of level 1 characters in the "experienced" tab, but none with the nicknames I wrote or the levels I earned.)

LordGek

Re:

Sat May 07, 2016 9:35 pm

My Quest Mode progress was erased when I shut the app. Only had level 8 characters, but still a sign that you may not want to invest in Quest Mode just yet. (I had a very large number of level 1 characters in the "experienced" tab, but none with the nicknames I wrote or the levels I earned.)
Weird. I see my my party cleared out between games, but it still lists my 2 characters as level 2 with 1850 exp. Maybe something weird is triggered once you hit higher exp levels?

Baelnor

Re: Pathfinder Adventures receives first major update, Quest mode and more fixed

Sun May 08, 2016 1:50 am

I am getting obliterated with my 6 member party... I might have to scale it back to 4.

Did really well with 2 though! Might have to have a totally crazy set of toons....

Druid/Monk/Barbarian/Rogue?

Mirefox

Re: Pathfinder Adventures receives first major update, Quest mode and more fixed

Sun May 08, 2016 4:34 am

I am getting obliterated with my 6 member party... I might have to scale it back to 4.

Did really well with 2 though! Might have to have a totally crazy set of toons....

Druid/Monk/Barbarian/Rogue?
That's a team I run with frequently. I hardly every build a team without my Rajan Sajan, though.

Snarvid

Mon May 09, 2016 5:30 pm

Snarvid wrote:My Quest Mode progress was erased when I shut the app. Only had level 8 characters, but still a sign that you may not want to invest in Quest Mode just yet. (I had a very large number of level 1 characters in the "experienced" tab, but none with the nicknames I wrote or the levels I earned.)
Weird. I see my my party cleared out between games, but it still lists my 2 characters as level 2 with 1850 exp. Maybe something weird is triggered once you hit higher exp levels?
Could be. Or the use of nicknames, or party sizes over 4 (which just straight up hung Quest mode until the patch). Whatever it is, I look forwards to Obsidian solving it. Also Seelah's Divine Inspiration bug (which makes it change the check type and value to the next card in the deck from time to time).

For party composition - Val, Lem, Seelah, and Lini are it for me. Seelah and Lini end up omnicompetent due to their ability to slap a bonus onto any roll, Val and Lem add significant teamwork. Bunch the party up until you close 3 locations, then keep Val and Lem bunched (who, as a pair, are fairly omnicompetent together) while Lini and Seelah go to sites they are capable of closing temporarily. Seelah's Crusade and Val and Lem's cooperation let them find the villain relatively quickly. Rack up the wins!

But I am completely enamoured of rapid exploration strategies, in which x3 characters capable of casting Cure Wounds and Seelah's non-exploration consuming Hospitaller heal are extremely valuable to return all the discard-to-explore cards into your deck. YMMV.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”