admin
Site Admin

Talisman: The Horus Heresy finally makes it way to iOS

Tue May 10, 2016 3:56 pm

Last week we posted an update about an upcoming expansion for the venerable Talisman: Digital Edition from Nomad Games.

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/talis ... ay-to-ios/

iBaLkiD

Re: Talisman: The Horus Heresy finally makes it way to iOS

Tue May 10, 2016 5:20 pm

Can anyone give any feedback on wether the game is good? Im not worried about bugs and what not as i have complete faith in nomad games. I am more concerned with gameplay. Is it just a simple reskin of Talisman with WH ip?

Can someone offer any insights to their experience with the PC version? Sorry if any of this has been answered previously, ive had such little RL time for a while now and it makes me sad :?

*edit. I am aware of some of the negative PC reviews, They all seem to complain about the price of DLC and that the game is rather barebones for 25 dollar entry fee. None of this bothers me as the release price on ios is 4 bucks with 2 bucks covering all the current DLC. Im more concerned with gameplay and the differences in game mechanics from Talisman.

ImInnocent

Tue May 10, 2016 6:54 pm

Ok its official my Ipad Pro 128GB wasn't big enough in the memory area, lol.

Snotty128

Tue May 10, 2016 7:38 pm

Can anyone give any feedback on wether the game is good? Im not worried about bugs and what not as i have complete faith in nomad games. I am more concerned with gameplay. Is it just a simple reskin of Talisman with WH ip?
Im halfway through my first game and Im enjoying the tweaks and changes they have made to the talisman formula. However I suspect if you did not enjoy the talisman gameplay then you are unlikely to enjoy this

currymutton2016

Wed May 11, 2016 1:02 am

Im halfway through my first game and Im enjoying the tweaks and changes they have made to the talisman formula. However I suspect if you did not enjoy the talisman gameplay then you are unlikely to enjoy this
I still cannot get into Tailsman, so I think I can give this pass then

SleepingGiant

Wed May 11, 2016 2:14 am

Just played my first game and it is a indeed re-imagining of Talisman, as promised, and gameplay is very similar. Very bug-free so far. Tutorial is decent, but I was still clueless most of the way through my first game. There are lots of dimensions and differences, but if you have played Talisman, here is my first draft of a spoiler free intro:

Those numbers on the left of your character:

Resolve = life
Fate = fate
Resource = gold
Melee/close combat = strength
Ranged/firefight = craft
Strategems ~= spells and a new element on the whole game, still not sure

Those skulls in each row near your character stats are experience and correspond to Talisman with regard to how many points of "monsters" you have defeated of each type. You can trade them in for +1 when you reach 7, I think.

The main new twist seems to be that most encounters are either friendly to space marines or chaos, no middle ground, and if your "alignment" is the same you can attempt to gain the fleet as a "follower" or if it is different you have to fight it.

Overall, seems like a successful translation of classic Talisman into the Warhammer 40k universe, with no real bugs spotted so far, and only minor rough edges, but I'm still a noob. I'm looking forward to playing more, but the first game took me about an hour even after I turned up the AI speed.

Snotty128

Wed May 11, 2016 3:13 am

While the game itself plays smoothly, the ai clearly needs some help. My first game was great, my teammate folowed me into the inner region, and an opponent made a 'too little too late' attempt to reach me.

It all went wrong in my second game. One loyalist ai had massive stats but no desire to get a talisman. Instead him and his teamate repeatedly spent resources to cross from the outer region onto the chaos quest planet, costing them money and life, again and again and again. I know the original talisman ai had a similar obsession with crossing the river, and it seems that moronic behaviour has carried over to this version. If I slowed the ai speed down from fastest, maybe it would have more time to make good decisions, I dont know.

Looking forward to a proper game online with real brains, and not the braindead ai from my second game.

SleepingGiant

Wed May 11, 2016 6:05 am

I'm still not even sure if the other blue guy is a teammate or a competitor :)

iBaLkiD

Wed May 11, 2016 1:15 pm

I despise the table top version. So much set up and confusion. The digital version? I love it! I have all of the content and its become one of my pick up and play regulars for the initial release! Some games gain playability when the device/app can do all the boring monotonous thinking and busy work so i can concentrate on dying more frequently!

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”