admin
Site Admin

Card-based roguelike/dungeon crawler Solitairica coming to iOS this fall

Thu May 12, 2016 4:11 pm

We first heard of Solitairica way back in September of last year and it instantly became a game to watch for.

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/card- ... this-fall/

Pitta

Thu May 12, 2016 5:47 pm

Looks fantastic.

iBaLkiD

Re: Card-based roguelike/dungeon crawler Solitairica coming to iOS this fall

Fri May 13, 2016 2:08 pm

It really does look amazing. The teams pedigree is also impressive.

Too be honest though the gameplay has no appeal for me yet, i cant seem to connect with the concept because i have no idea whats going on!

I had some of the same misgivings with Card Crawl though and after my first game i was totally hooked so i have a feeling this game will be super similar in effect.

LordGek

Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:25 am

Just played a few runs on Steam and it's pretty fun. While it is clearly Golf Solitaire getting a bit of a Puzzle Quest makeover, it works pretty well. Cards played off the tableau give you various mana resources and cash. Clear off the table and the monster you're currently dueling is defeated. Each time you need to turn over a new card your moster opponent gets to attack you by flipping a card from his unique deck. While most of these monster effects will be straight damage, many can have i teresting side effects, depending on your opponent, like adding cards to the board or stunning the player (player can't use any abilities next turn).

iBaLkiD

Re:

Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:30 pm

Just played a few runs on Steam and it's pretty fun. While it is clearly Golf Solitaire getting a bit of a Puzzle Quest makeover, it works pretty well. Cards played off the tableau give you various mana resources and cash. Clear off the table and the monster you're currently dueling is defeated. Each time you need to turn over a new card your moster opponent gets to attack you by flipping a card from his unique deck. While most of these monster effects will be straight damage, many can have i teresting side effects, depending on your opponent, like adding cards to the board or stunning the player (player can't use any abilities next turn).
I saw your review on steam and i was all like, "Hey i know that guy! Its Lord Gek!" Im easily excited :|

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”